• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

exNavyOffRec

It’s a good chance they are AD but if they are specifically saying their recruiters told them, then they would have to be civilian applicants. AD folks have to submit through their command. The recruiter may just call the processing team at PERS and ask for an update on the applicants behalf.

A processor can look in the system and see where it is in the process of going to board.

luckynumbr27

Dang. My recruiter just told me that NRC thought I was applying for NFO. He told them I wanted Pilot and they said that board isn’t until August and they’re only looking at AD for SNA in the May board. So it’s been fun May thread, don’t let any of that word that was given to my recruiter from NRC bog you down, I hope everyone gets picked up anyway. Good luck sweet princes ?

Mike D.

Contributor
Dang. My recruiter just told me that NRC thought I was applying for NFO. He told them I wanted Pilot and they said that board isn’t until August and they’re only looking at AD for SNA in the May board. So it’s been fun May thread, don’t let any of that word that was given to my recruiter from NRC bog you down, I hope everyone gets picked up anyway. Good luck sweet princes ?
?

TyD1e

Sorry to hear that friend keep your head up. One question though, it seems based off of what you said that NRC may be looking at civilian SNFO applicants for the may board not just AD. am I reading that wrong or is that the accurate?

slick99

Sorry to hear that friend keep your head up. One question though, it seems based off of what you said that NRC may be looking at civilian SNFO applicants for the may board not just AD. am I reading that wrong or is that the accurate?
The way it's worded does make it sound like that...I wonder how that would play out for those of us who put in for both

Ruvo

I'm applying for SNA only, and last time I talked to my recruiter he didn't mention any thing about the May board being AD only. Now I'm reading this thread and freaking out haha

FlyingRecruiter

Contributor
The way it's worded does make it sound like that...I wonder how that would play out for those of us who put in for both
prolly get seen for NFO and not even considered for SNA but who knows right. That's what we were discussing a week or so ago. we are speculating they are gonna use AD because we can be shipped to OCS instantly to fill gapped slots. being there are only slots if there was a drop out and not much quota for extras.

slick99

I'm applying for SNA only, and last time I talked to my recruiter he didn't mention any thing about the May board being AD only. Now I'm reading this thread and freaking out haha
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. My recruiter has said that this board should be running normally. He told me back in November that the Jan board was going to be AD and a few civilian only, but it clearly wasn't lol.
prolly get seen for NFO and not even considered for SNA but who knows right. That's what we were discussing a week or so ago. we are speculating they are gonna use AD because we can be shipped to OCS instantly to fill gapped slots. being there are only slots if there was a drop out and not much quota for extras.
So we would possibly get seen for just NFO even if we put it as our second option? I'll truly be happy with either one, whichever designator will take me first?

exNavyOffRec

I don't know if I would count on anyone from this board being able to fill FY 21 spots which is why they would need people to ship fast for gaps, ROM for the last FY 21 class starts June 20th, given the time from the board meeting to results normally being released just won't allow for that to happen. It is probably more of a chance to correct the normal flow of things.

luckynumbr27

Sorry for the confusion fellas. My recruiter waited entirely too long to submit my stuff although it’s not entirely his fault since he was waiting for Millington to dig up some stuff from my prior AD service record. Long story short, he submitted all of it today and realized he didn’t put 1370 and it was going in as just a generic OCS package I guess. So he called them and asked if it could be changed to aviator and they asked him if I wanted to apply for NFO. He told them I only wanted SNA and they told him that that board will be in August and I could only apply for NFO for this May board. I dont know what all of the implications are of that concerning off the street NFO/difference in recruiting districts or if the person from NRC he talked to just didn’t know what they were talking about and fed him that but it’s as far as my recruiter can go so I am officially in for the long haul to august now.

WannaFlyHigh

Yeah my recruiter actually notified me that by application was all set in a PRIDE Mod website and wished me good luck. No word of anything abnormal happening. He even said I should hear back in 2 months. I am also applying SNA only.

luckynumbr27

Yeah my recruiter actually notified me that by application was all set in a PRIDE Mod website and wished me good luck. No word of anything abnormal happening. He even said I should hear back in 2 months. I am also applying SNA only.
It really does seem like the Navy’s plan for aviation boards is left up to the imagination of whoever happens to pick up the phone at NRC lol. It could simply be that whoever gave my recruiter word that I couldn’t apply for SNA this board was dead wrong and it cost me 3 months till the Aug board. I honestly hope that this is the case so that most of you guys get through the door and have a shot. It just sucks to have the intelligence level of whoever the lowest common denominator manning the phone at NRC on a given day dictate the terms of my package ?