• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

villo0692

you know how you are driving, and then you are at a light, and as soon as you pick your phone to check AW, and then the light turns green rightaway. Got a meeting with my boss in a couple min, I hope that triggers my recruiter to call with results, since it is an inconvenient time......we'll see

JoeBob1788

Ahhh, a fellow sof enthusiast. In a past life before I was an undesignated sailor, I attended one of those storied Navy schools as a 21 year old college grad. It wasn’t EOD, SWCC, Diver, or Air Crew so I’ll just leave it at that. I tried going back as an E and even worked with my CCC on an O package when my year group closed due to overmanning and when I got no luck I asked about EOD and she said “you better be a prior service EOD tech or they won’t touch you.” I talked with one of the EOD O’s on our deployment and he was an academy guy and he pretty much backed up what my CCC said. Said they pretty much promote from within and if there is a spot open at the end, they’ll take an academy guy. That’s my experience anyway, interested to hear if ExOfficer has had success getting guys in as a recruiter.

I’m enlisted EOD. We typically get USNA guys with a lot ROTC as well. There are only a 4 or 5 OCS spots a year, and 2 or 3 of those go to enlisted EOD techs. So you can apply, but our community is about 2000 strong including enlisted… there’s just not a lot of us, so not a lot of spots!

exNavyOffRec

I’m enlisted EOD. We typically get USNA guys with a lot ROTC as well. There are only a 4 or 5 OCS spots a year, and 2 or 3 of those go to enlisted EOD techs. So you can apply, but our community is about 2000 strong including enlisted… there’s just not a lot of us, so not a lot of spots!
There was even a few years where they only allowed prior or current enlisted EOD to apply, very tight community.