• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Antman411

OCS Applicant
Sup y’all! Trying to get back into studying for the ASTB (last chance as it’s my 3rd time) and getting my package in next month for this board. Where my fellow active duty nerds at?

Cheers!

Sup y’all! Trying to get back into studying for the ASTB (last chance as it’s my 3rd time) and getting my package in next month for this board. Where my fellow active duty nerds at?

Cheers!
Whats up man, I'm a fellow enlisted Aviation nerd! Where you sitting at with your astb and how's the package coming along?

vbts13

The closer we get the more I like our odds!
my thoughts exactly haha. If we can at least make it to the board closing date I would expect them to have the board... On the flip side, if this one gets cancelled, the next one isn't crazy far away... definitely a shorter wait than november to may

exNavyOffRec

At what point would we be notified if this board is cancelled like the rumors have been saying?
In my experience they will notify of a board delay, cancellation, or merge right about the time the applications are due to NRC to the point of just after the board convene date.

Antman411

OCS Applicant
Whats up man, I'm a fellow enlisted Aviation nerd! Where you sitting at with your astb and how's the package
What’s up?! My first test in 2017 was a 44 5/5/5 and figured I should retest to make myself more competitive. I rushed it so I could try and make that November 2021 board, and shot myself in the foot. I got 53 5/4/5. OAR improved but in the process I made myself ineligible for pilot. My package is pretty much complete and ready to route soon as I get confident enough to try that ASTB for the last time. If I end up doing the same thing again my back up plan is probably AMDO or AVO.

What’s up?! My first test in 2017 was a 44 5/5/5 and figured I should retest to make myself more competitive. I rushed it so I could try and make that November 2021 board, and shot myself in the foot. I got 53 5/4/5. OAR improved but in the process I made myself ineligible for pilot. My package is pretty much complete and ready to route soon as I get confident enough to try that ASTB for the last time. If I end up doing the same thing again my back up plan is probably AMDO or AVO.
Nice dude! I'm pushing to get the rest of my package knocked out here soon. Im about 80% done. The interviews are what's holding me back rn. Good luck on the retake. Also no shame in going AMDO or AVO. I'm going to do it if sna doesn't work out.

Shheen

Seems like you’ve been focusing on the wrong area of study. What does your study process look like?

Antman411

OCS Applicant
Seems like you’ve been focusing on the wrong area of study. What does your study process look like?
Honestly I didn’t give myself much time to study either time. The first time I was just trying to get the “check in the block” so I could submit for STA-21 and the last time was because I just finished my degree and wanted to get in at the next board. I just started actually studying for real and dedicate at least an hour a night after work (I work nights so this is usually my “free time”) to reviewing how to do math problems I haven’t used in years/ going over mechanical comprehension stuff. I’ve looked over Kyles gouge and have a book from last year I read through. I’m open to any advice on putting together a real method to improve.

Shheen

Honestly I didn’t give myself much time to study either time. The first time I was just trying to get the “check in the block” so I could submit for STA-21 and the last time was because I just finished my degree and wanted to get in at the next board. I just started actually studying for real and dedicate at least an hour a night after work (I work nights so this is usually my “free time”) to reviewing how to do math problems I haven’t used in years/ going over mechanical comprehension stuff. I’ve looked over Kyles gouge and have a book from last year I read through. I’m open to any advice on putting together a real method to improve.
While having a higher OAR is great, it’s my opinion you should be focusing on the Spatial awareness/stick and throttle/nautical&aviation portions. If you do not have study material or are unsure how to study for it, feel free to send me your email and i will try to help out.