• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Triumph_MAC

I would recommend contacting the detailer if you’re close to your selection window, sometimes that will come into play as it will be for me.
Do you think your command will sign off on your package if you are on orders? Ive heard from a few folks the Navy will PCS you anyway. You'll just leave the command early if selected.

Shheen

Do you think your command will sign off on your package if you are on orders? Ive heard from a few folks the Navy will PCS you anyway. You'll just leave the command early if selected.
If I’ve read the instruction correctly you’re not supposed to be able to submit a package if you’re within 90 days of PCSing, unless your CO contacts bupers to OP hold you.

Any of my enlisted friends on here done the officer interviews yet? I have my first one on Friday and wondering how these typically go. Like questions they ask and what not.

Shheen

Any of my enlisted friends on here done the officer interviews yet? I have my first one on Friday and wondering how these typically go. Like questions they ask and what not.
Done 10+ from O-4-O-9. All the questions very person to person. Just be honest and know why you want to be an officer/whatever designator you’re shooting for. Most of them ask about previous leadership challenges and give hypothetical situations to gauge how you will react. Best of luck

exNavyOffRec

Done 10+ from O-4-O-9. All the questions very person to person. Just be honest and know why you want to be an officer/whatever designator you’re shooting for. Most of them ask about previous leadership challenges and give hypothetical situations to gauge how you will react. Best of luck

One of the guys I served with had the following question or close to it as it has been several years. "you and a friend you have served with for years have both been selected for CPO, you find out he is having an affair on his wife, what do you do? you know that he could very well be reduced down to E-5 and he has 2 kids"

FloridaDad

One of the guys I served with had the following question or close to it as it has been several years. "you and a friend you have served with for years have both been selected for CPO, you find out he is having an affair on his wife, what do you do? you know that he could very well be reduced down to E-5 and he has 2 kids"
Forgive me for being ignorant of military rules/law, but what kind of answer was he looking for? Having no knowledge of expectations, rules, and customs, my instinct would be to confront my friend and ask him to admit the truth to his wife, end the affair, and seek reconciliation/counseling.

Jacksa71

Did my with an O-6 last week, he was pretty chill. He asked me about dealing with sailors about evals and dealing with a chief as a divo officer

Dboom85

Banned
I would talk to them about it and try to help him out with the situation and if he didn’t make significant progress over a reasonable time frame then I would talk to a commanding officer of in required todo so in a situation like that. If I’m not required to tell anyone, I would probably still try to help depending on the relationship between me and the individual and if they’re against my help then I’d mind my own business. I think it’s always best to deal with a problem locally before making messes for a lot of people and myself

Shheen

Yeah that is a tough question to answer.
Forgive me for being ignorant of military rules/law, but what kind of answer was he looking for? Having no knowledge of expectations, rules, and customs, my instinct would be to confront my friend and ask him to admit the truth to his wife, end the affair, and seek reconciliation/counseling.
They are looking to see if you're going to be 100% by the book or if you operate in the grey area. Regardless of how you as an individual see a situation, there are always underlying circumstances and you should look to do some fact finding before acting/reacting to the situation. If I was asked this question, I would first do as dmoto suggested and talk to the friend as it is against the UCMJ but also there may be additional information that is unknown. Everyone makes mistakes and deserves the opportunity to learn and overcome them. Ensuring that the kids are taken care of would be my number one objective and reduction in rank could cause some issues moving forward.

Jacksa71

I would talk to them about it and try to help him out with the situation and if he didn’t make significant progress over a reasonable time frame then I would talk to a commanding officer of in required todo so in a situation like that. If I’m not required to tell anyone, I would probably still try to help depending on the relationship between me and the individual and if they’re against my help then I’d mind my own business. I think it’s always best to deal with a problem locally before making messes for a lot of people and myself
Only thing I would change is talk with the CMC before CO, CMC runs all enlisted personne.

exNavyOffRec

Yeah that is a tough question to answer.

They are looking to see if you're going to be 100% by the book or if you operate in the grey area. Regardless of how you as an individual see a situation, there are always underlying circumstances and you should look to do some fact finding before acting/reacting to the situation. If I was asked this question, I would first do as dmoto suggested and talk to the friend as it is against the UCMJ but also there may be additional information that is unknown. Everyone makes mistakes and deserves the opportunity to learn and overcome them. Ensuring that the kids are taken care of would be my number one objective and reduction in rank could cause some issues moving forward.
What he was looking for is that you tell him he needs to come clean to his COC, and deal with whatever happens. His point was that you don't know who else knows and if someone else is aware and knows you failed to act you put yourself in a bad situation.

This was based on an actual situation, a CPO selectee was getting divorced, they had been to court, everything was signed it was just going through the court finalization process. He had started dating a woman and his wife found out and called the command saying her husband was cheating on her. In the eyes of the court there was nothing left for him to do as it was all filed and he could pick up the final documents in 30 days, but the commands view was since it hadn't been picked up and the date would be after the command had been notified he was doing the wrong thing. He was confronted and told the truth, while the wife left out many items when she called the command. He was given a small fine and was not allowed to put on CPO until his pay date.

I was also in a similar situation, a friend called and told me he found out about fraternization and we had been told if you know and you don't tell you are just as guilty, I told him since he has told me I will have to say something if he doesn't. He actually called my CMC as I said he was a really good CMC, my CMC got all the info and then they called my friends CMC on conference call.

FloridaDad

Thanks for the background on that! There's so much I obviously don't know about military life. Like for example, what's a CMC? I know CO is commanding officer.

And that's a really important lesson to remember, if you know about something but don't say/do anything about you become culpable. I think even outside the military that's important. If one of my friends was cheating on his girlfriend or wife and I found out I'd be a pretty crappy friend to her if I didn't say or do anything.

Thanks for the background on that! There's so much I obviously don't know about military life. Like for example, what's a CMC? I know CO is commanding officer.

And that's a really important lesson to remember, if you know about something but don't say/do anything about you become culpable. I think even outside the military that's important. If one of my friends was cheating on his girlfriend or wife and I found out I'd be a pretty crappy friend to her if I didn't say or do anything.
CMC is command master chief. He is the 3rd part of what's known as the "command triad". CO, XO, CMC. Cmc is the head of all enlisted personnel in the command. He is rarely involved in the operational aspects of the command such as maintenance and supply ect... That is the maintenance master chief.

Also thanks for the gouge everyone, very nervous about these officer appraisals lol.