• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

exNavyOffRec

New OCS NAVADMIN 003/22 ???

Good afternoon everyone, I'm currently building my OCS package and it is waiting for the CO endorsement to be signed off. My Department Head sent me this new NAVADMIN 003/22 in regard to the new updated OCS program. and said my OCS package should be signed from the flag officer in addition to the CO endorsement as per the new instructions:

Nominations will occur at the commanding officer (CO) level with
endorsement by the first flag officer in the COs chain of
command. Nominations from the initial training pipeline will not be
accepted. The nominating CO and endorsing flag officer do not need to be a
URL officer. Applicants must be favorably nominated using the COs
recommendation section in the officer programs application, OPNAV
1420/1.

This NAVADMIN instruction confused me a lot, and I'm asking if anyone hear about any updates about the OCS submission procedure? Or is this NAVADMIN 003/22 dose not apply to this MAY board? I attached the NAVADMIN below.
@FormerRecruitingGuru can probably give better insight than I can.

Jacksa71

Good afternoon everyone, I'm currently building my OCS package and it is waiting for the CO endorsement to be signed off. My Department Head sent me this new NAVADMIN 003/22 in regard to the new updated OCS program. and said my OCS package should be signed from the flag officer in addition to the CO endorsement as per the new instructions:

1420/1.

This NAVADMIN instruction confused me a lot, and I'm asking if anyone hear about any updates about the OCS submission procedure? Or is this NAVADMIN 003/22 dose not apply to this MAY board? I attached the NAVADMIN below.
Old news bro. That is the new PA 100F. The PA is for enlisted personnel only and could fast track priors faster than the regular (pro board) means. I will be submitting my package through this PA and May board. Just in case the flag does not endorse for whatever reasons.

JarvisA91

Old news bro. That is the new PA 100F. The PA is for enlisted personnel only and could fast track priors faster than the regular (pro board) means. I will be submitting my package through this PA and May board. Just in case the flag does not endorse for whatever reasons.
thank you for your reply,

I will take your advice and apply through the PA 100F, I went to the myNavyHR website and try to look for the board date for the PA 100F but it only shows the May board. is the pro board and The pilot Unrestricted Line Officer (URLO) In-Service Procurement Program (URLO ISPP) selection will happen in the same date or board?

thank you.

Jacksa71

thank you for your reply,

I will take your advice and apply through the PA 100F, I went to the myNavyHR website and try to look for the board date for the PA 100F but it only shows the May board. is the pro board and The pilot Unrestricted Line Officer (URLO) In-Service Procurement Program (URLO ISPP) selection will happen in the same date or board?

thank you.
No clue

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I disagree, there’s a package for a reason

Sorry, but stats over the past 15 plus years and other info from recruiting don't lie, @FormerRecruitingGuru can provide input as well.

It depends on what you're applying for. On your profile + post history you indicate URLO ISPP. If you meet all the requirements and receive a Flag endorsement, I mean sure the "package" helped out.

If you're applying for the regular OCS portion, in particular aviation, the ASTB scores are a big part of the pie in terms of consideration. You could be sailor of the year, have a ton of awards, good evals, LORs + interviews, etc. but a low ASTB score can sink all that.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

1420/1.

@FormerRecruitingGuru can probably give better insight than I can.

Responded via PM.

exNavyOffRec

It depends on what you're applying for. On your profile + post history you indicate URLO ISPP. If you meet all the requirements and receive a Flag endorsement, I mean sure the "package" helped out.

If you're applying for the regular OCS portion, in particular aviation, the ASTB scores are a big part of the pie in terms of consideration. You could be sailor of the year, have a ton of awards, good evals, LORs + interviews, etc. but a low ASTB score can sink all that.
I spaced that @Shheen was AD so he can fast track via URLO ISPP, this is one of those circumstances that is perfect for an AD sailor.

bryanque89

1420/1.

I believe this is for the direct ticket to OCS instead of the regular board schedules. Read the authorization PA 100F (Unrestricted Line Officer In-Service Procurement Program). I was going to apply for this but I have four age/in-service waivers. They were approved but "6. Waivers: No waivers are authorized for receiving a commission via the URLO ISPP. "

Antman411

OCS Applicant
He wanted more amplifying information about the program. Recommend sitting down with your CCC and going over the specific URLO ISPP program authorization (PA 100F) as well as the designator specific PA to see if you qualify.
Would you mind sharing this information with me? My current CCC office doesn’t have an NC and our CC is an AM2, which no offense to them, doesn’t fully understand this stuff and just says to refer to the same thing I’m reading and asking questions about.

exNavyOffRec

Would you mind sharing this information with me? My current CCC office doesn’t have an NC and our CC is an AM2, which no offense to them, doesn’t fully understand this stuff and just says to refer to the same thing I’m reading and asking questions about.
first thing is do you require a waiver under PA 106? If not then time to dig deeper.