• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

FloridaDad

My ophthalmologist has seen a significant increase in people needing reading glasses with most of them being people who went from large screens in the office to working off of a 15" or so laptop screen. I had no change for years, then Dec 2020 and Dec 2021 saw deterioration, and it used to be I could get an appointment within a week, now they are a month out. The eye strain can cause issues.
I could be wrong. Of course I work/play on a 27 inch monitor with a second 22 and a third 24 inch monitors along side it so thpats different than a tiny laptop screen.

FloridaDad

Music lessons on zoom can be hit or miss. I've been taking drum lessons on zoom since the pandy first started. My teacher's sound equipment started off being useless, but then he got high quality mics and a new computer, and it sounds great!
Ya I taught zoom lessons for a while but I used a studio recording mic and a MIDI keyboard and used OBS to mix it and put music and such on the screen.

WorldWar33.3

Ya I taught zoom lessons for a while but I used a studio recording mic and a MIDI keyboard and used OBS to mix it and put music and such on the screen.
Studio recording mics sound great. I used to mess around with MIDI keyboards and Ableton when I was a teenager. Good times!

FloridaDad

Studio recording mics sound great. I used to mess around with MIDI keyboards and Ableton when I was a teenager. Good times!
My drummer uses Ableton for all of our live backing tracks and in ear click tracks when we play shows. Personally I prefer and use Logic which is convenient because our producer does too.

WorldWar33.3

My drummer uses Ableton for all of our live backing tracks and in ear click tracks when we play shows. Personally I prefer and use Logic which is convenient because our producer does too.
Logic looks good and feels right. I haven't used any of those apps in ages! We're talking about the times when FrootLoops (?) was around lol

exNavyOffRec

I could be wrong. Of course I work/play on a 27 inch monitor with a second 22 and a third 24 inch monitors along side it so thpats different than a tiny laptop screen.
I had no issues in the office, I had dual 24" monitors, went remote March 2020 working on a 15" screen and eyesight went south fast, I know my eyes would get worse with age but this made it worse.

Triumph_MAC

Aloha and good evening friends, I have news from the land of PERS! Take it for what you will, I spoke to Mr. Celestin, he said the only board that has been officially cancelled is an intel board (18300). He has not received word regarding cancelling any aviation board. Just wanted to share this information with you all as a precursor to having a positive weekend. Mahalo

FloridaDad

Aloha and good evening friends, I have news from the land of PERS! Take it for what you will, I spoke to Mr. Celestin, he said the only board that has been officially cancelled is an intel board (18300). He has not received word regarding cancelling any aviation board. Just wanted to share this information with you all as a precursor to having a positive weekend. Mahalo
We'll take it and run with it for a positive weekend haha