• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2010 DCO/DIRCOM boards: questions, answers, and discussion

das

Contributor
More info about non-selects, from the results letter:

The following 1805/1815/1825/1835 DCO application packages were NOT SELECTED. Non-selected applications possessed one or more of the following general attributes: less than 100% confidence NIRR OIC endorsement, less than outstanding panel interviews, lack of quantifiable leadership, lack of demonstrated educational performance, demonstrated poor writing skills and civilian employment/skill set not applicable.

This does not mean all non-selects had all of these attributes, just one or more. It also doesn't mean that candidates weren't strong; it's just that the applicant pool is so competitive. Look at what you can strengthen, concentrate on putting together the best package you can.

christie

Recruiter called. He said only one person from the district got picked up, and it wasn't me. Thinking it's time to let this dream die...

PapaK

Christie, please don't give up the ship. One thing many officers have told me after going through this process is that the Boards LOVE persistence. So please update, revamp, and present your packet again. You can do this.

I have to agree with PapaK. I didnt get selected for IP/IW (No one from DC area was selected), but I am not letting that discourage me from trying and trying again if need be. If it takes me 10 tries Ill keep trying, because it will be worth it to me in the end.

das

Contributor
Don't give up!

One of the things I was specifically told by more than one IDC officer upon selection was that "persistence pays off". Also, take what you have learned from the non-select — particularly some of the things posted earlier in this thread — and improve your package. You can't control your competition, so focus on what you can control. In improving your package, you will also improve yourself.

One note about reapplying: the board does want to see a significant change. Examples of such change could be starting (or finishing) a graduate program, additional interview(s), new volunteer/civic/community experience, additional leadership roles, or taking initiative in other areas. Another example might simply be better characterizing the experience you do have to better align yourself with the things the board is looking for.

The process also requires more than six months to have elapsed since the last board. If fewer than six months have elapsed, a reconsideration letter also must be submitted with your package, which is a brief letter explaining what has improved in your package and why you would like to be considered again.

Of course all of this depends on having a recruiter willing to work with you. As long as you have a recruiter who believes you a worthwhile candidate and is willing to submit your package, you are in good shape. Don't give up!

GIJ316

So...I still have not heard an outcome. Is there a list yet that may be posted?

Patience...this process is so much like the old catchup commercials...of course only for those of us old enough to remember them...

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
I wanted to post the new 9600 NOBC requirements for the new Intel Officers. The 9600 NOBC is required for deployment / mobilization.

The net-net of the changes is that you will be eligible for mobilization in a shorter period of time.

-- Direct Commission Officer Indoctrination Course (DCIOC)

-- NIOBC-RES. New course will be 18 months

-- NIOBC-RES Phase II at FITCPAC

-- Current SSBI

Requirements that were removed:

-- Security Manager Course

-- 12-month post commission requirement

-- unit production requirement

christie

Just want to say that you guys are awesome! :) Seriously. And you're absolutely right, das, improving my application will only result in improving myself. Cheers to everyone!

kurowashi9

Congrats on the selection Das!!! I think that my recruiter is out and I am traveling on orders. Maybe I will hear something soon.

I am resubmitting. I just earned my Security+ certification and Im planning on having my MCSE/MCITP completed before the next board.