• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

20 August 04

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnp109

If we check in early, where do we stay and what is the liberty policy. I'm currnetly active, so I will be reporting in on the 19th of August, but the class doesn't really start until the 21st. Any idea on what I would be doing until then, where I would stay? Hopefully its just muster in the morning and special lib, but I'm kind of curious.

FlyNCSU

So does anyone know if there are any other women in this class? Just curious if I'm going to be the only chick at the dude-fest...

Also, have any of you received your actual orders yet? Like the actual piece of paper? When I was originally slotted to go in May, my recruiter said they wouldn't show up till a couple weeks before my class date. I was wondering if anyone else was told the same.

gnorman911

Well, I was in May too, but apparently if you are a nuke then you are active duty, so they get their orders early. But I am a pilot, so that makes me in reserve, so I won't get my orders until a few weeks out. My recruiter and detailer told me that I should get my orders about a month before OCS starts.

mnp109

current active duty members also get their orders in advance. I've had hard copy orders since January.

mnp109

*sigh*

I guess I won't be in this class afterall. I just got the following message"

"PO Perkins was scheduled to attend OCS on 21AUG04. Due to goaling cuts, his class date has been changed to 22JAN05. An ORD MOD has been requested and should arrive via message traffic.

Another 7 months for me to wait.

FlyNCSU

Sorry to hear it mnp109...on the bright side, you'll be in some pretty awesome shape by the time your class rolls around...

And, yes, to reiterate, I too hope this isn't across the board.

Knightsgk01

Sub Nuke in Training
I as well hope it isn't across the board. I am currently with NRD-New York so I'll try to find out if its an entire class shift etc.

Knightsgk01

Sub Nuke in Training
MNP, what was your designator? It could be that all the billets for your designation could be filled for the year and that's why they pushed you back. Might be the case or might not, but I'll try to find out tomorrow.

mnp109

crypto, but I have had these hard copy orders in hand since january 04. I don't know why they waited till now to push me back

Beckner

FlyNCSU,
Another girl here, I'm a SNA from San Diego. I just quit my job and am taking the rest of the summer off to memorize the big four, workout, and enjoy one last summer before all the fun starts.

Knightsgk01

Sub Nuke in Training
The recruiters here don't know much about it, but they say its highly unlikely that an entire class would be pushed back that far. Most likely a designator pushback. Sorry MNP

Status
Not open for further replies.