• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

20 August 04

Status
Not open for further replies.

CavemanOgg

well, 13 weeks from August 20th is November 20th but i believe we would graduate on the 19th of November. The packet i got though said that 50% of the candidates roll back at least once and that plans for family to come down shouldn't be solidified until after the 9th week. not saying that any of us would ever suffer that fate though eh? :icon_mi_1

Nice to meet all of you, seeing posts for our date motivates me so keep it up.

as for my story i was selected in march for SNA and originally slotted for June but got pushed back to this date. its alright with me though because this will be a much better one i'm sure.

Borncreole

definately, one it should be cooling off in Oct/Nov so it wont be as hot as the Jun-Aug class. I was in the same boat with a Jun class date and all in all it works out for the best.

Borncreole

bump...anyone got anything new. Is this the whole class??? When are yall planning on arriving in P-cola. Maybe some of us could get together before it all starts. What do you think...

CavemanOgg

I think i'm planning on arriving a couple of days early and am definately down for a get together of sort.

A little under three months to go.....

FlyNCSU

I was originally slotted for the 15 May 04 class, but I too have been pushed back. Female, 22, SNA from Virginia Beach, VA. I used to post on the 15 May class thread but never got around to this one.

Haven't finalized any plans for my trip down to P-cola yet, but if folks want to get together before the real fun starts, I'm down with that...

Borncreole

Well For all that is o with hooking up say Fri or Sat before lets figure it out and PM our cell #s so we can call each other. Or we could all meet somewhere. If I remember there is only one McDonalds on base, easy spot to meet, what are yalls thoughts...

gnorman911

Hey, I live about 40 minutes from Pensacola NAS. So I will be down there, if anyone is coming down early to train in the humidity. It definetly makes running much more fun, took me two weeks to get used to it, after running in Boston for the past year. Should we all just send a PM to Borncreole with our cell phone numbers?

FlyNCSU

Hey guys! Hope everyone's OCS prep is going well. Quick question: Is anyone actually going to bring that heavy, Navy blanket to sleep under in the humid nights of August? I thought I read on another OCS class' thread that we were allowed to bring a gray sheet instead of the blanket. However, our class will run into November, so it will be cooler by that point (albeit not very much). We might even be issued sweats by that point, so we may not even need a blanket...I dunno...

Kind of a dumbass question, but I was curious what the rest of your were planning to bring...

Borncreole

I'm not. I think the OCS web site say not to bring a blanket in the prohibited items. Beside if you need one, they will issue it to you.

CavemanOgg

surfacenuke4 said:
...while having a lil fun before the work begins.

I've decided to take sufacenuke's lead and am putting my two weeks notice in at work tommorrow. I figure i can take the months of july and august off to enjoy summer and focus on preparing. I think i'll bring a helmet to work... don't want any injuries after i drop the bombshell.

Status
Not open for further replies.