• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

20 August 04

Status
Not open for further replies.

rez

i think i saw in a thread somewhere that if you are not currently on active duty status, or have not been active that long, u have to register as a guest. Dunno if it really works.

As for memorization, i got most of it but that doing it by myself in a quiet room. I'm sure the environment will differ somewhat down there...

Borncreole

How many of you have heard from someone at OCS that the class will be 12 weeks, my mentor has not replied to me in quite a while.

gnorman911

I got the email from Lt. Blocker, the main point of his email was to find what our progress level was on the online classes. The change in class length was just added to the end. Everyone just needs to make sure that they finish all of the online courses, and bring the completion certificates with them to OCS. Otherwise they might make you do the classes there and get rolled for it. But that is just my thinking on the subject. So when is everyone going to be coming into town?

rez

I just got email from Lt from the OPO near me and he said that he just found out that OCS will be 12 weeks starting July 10th and that the NKO courses are not yet required but can still be completed if desired. Also, anyone who is not in a collegiate program must contact OCS mentor to gain access to NKO.

CavemanOgg

I still can't get onto NKO as a registered user or a guest. My recruiter says don't worry about it, and i tried to get information about it from OCS and/or a mentor, but havn't gotten a response. Anybody here able to sponsor me to login as a guest??? hehe

Borncreole

This is who I have phone numbers for: beckner, flyncsu, gnorman, cavemanogg, spaceman, johnmyson, knightsgk01, robmac, surfacenuke, and liberty. If anyone else still wants to join up there are about two weeks before I PM the list to everyone. After that I am on the move to P-cola with a few layovers visiting so I wont be checking the sight.....but 12 weeks for OCS I sure hope thats true!!

liberty4030

To all:
I called my recruiter in Jax today to have my orders cut and sent to me. My OCS date has been inexplicably changed from 20 August to 07 August. My recruiter has no idea what happened, but that is what class I am now in. Hope that no one else has this problem. I was really hoping to meet all of you as it looks like this is going to be a great class. At any rate, good luck to everyone in this class.
Liberty

CavemanOgg

don't think it was officially posted but we are 05-05. i will admit i'm getting a little nervous when i think about it..... although it still seems like a ways off.

liberty4030

Although I'm not in this class anymore, I just wanted to say that it would behoove of everyone to print out the scores of each of the four courses before you've actually seen the certificate. Case in point; I passed all of the courses, but the PRT and History courses showed that I failed (I did the first time, but subsequently passed). For whatever reason, the passing scores did not reflect and did not get a certificate, and the help desk will not override this problem. Ergo, I must re-take these courses. Had I the grades, however, this would not have been a problem (according to the help desk, who would have overrode the problem). Save yourself the hours of unnecessary work and anger at the help desk. Print out the scores until the certificate shows up.

robmac45

USMC-2-USN
Stress over these online courses if you will, but they are not required. It's great to get a heads up on the info but they are still not mandatory. Don't sweat it, if you fail just retake it if you like.

-rob

Status
Not open for further replies.