• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

17NOV21 SWO Board

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
Does anyone know if marijuana waivers have an extreme negative impact on your application? Say if a candidate used 2 times several years ago in college? I'm not interested in lying about it
Why would you need a waiver? They're not worried about experimentation, they're worried about consistent, regular use over an extended period of time in the recent past.

Just admit to having experimented once or twice in your MEPS, your application, and be done with it.

Why would you need a waiver? They're not worried about experimentation, they're worried about consistent, regular use over an extended period of time in the recent past.

Just admit to having experimented once or twice in your MEPS, your application, and be done with it.
Oh okay, my recruiter had me fill out a personal statement sheet for the marijuana usage so I wasn't sure

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
Oh okay, my recruiter had me fill out a personal statement sheet for the marijuana usage so I wasn't sure
That's not a waiver. You marked on your personal history that you had used marijuana, right? That statement is just an explanation of your use and an assurance that it was experimentation and not like addict level.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
Depends. What designator did you put as #1?

You applied to 3 designators. SWO, SNA, and SNFO. If your #1 meets before your #2 & #3 and you receive a Pro-Rec-Y, you won't even be seen by #s 2 and 3.

For example, I applied to SWO (#2) and IWC (#1). They met within a week of each other, so basically simultaneous. SWO came out first and I received a Pro-Rec-Y, but not a date because my #1 choice was still outstanding. IWC came out about 1 month later as a Pro-Rec-N. At that point, SWO started processing me (in April or so) and I received my OCS date (17OCT) in late June. Had I had SWO as #1, I probably would've shipped for an August class.

Hope this explains a bit of the process!

DCman1018

You applied to 3 designators. SWO, SNA, and SNFO. If your #1 meets before your #2 & #3 and you receive a Pro-Rec-Y, you won't even be seen by #s 2 and 3.

For example, I applied to SWO (#2) and IWC (#1). They met within a week of each other, so basically simultaneous. SWO came out first and I received a Pro-Rec-Y, but not a date because my #1 choice was still outstanding. IWC came out about 1 month later as a Pro-Rec-N. At that point, SWO started processing me (in April or so) and I received my OCS date (17OCT) in late June. Had I had SWO as #1, I probably would've shipped for an August class.

Officially submitted my package today. I am feeling doubtful that my waivers will clear the community manager in time for the Friday 01OCT deadline but I will try to remain positive. Either way, I am thrilled to finally have this off my hands leaving it up to big Navy to decide the rest.

exNavyOffRec

Officially submitted my package today. I am feeling doubtful that my waivers will clear the community manager in time for the Friday 01OCT deadline but I will try to remain positive. Either way, I am thrilled to finally have this off my hands leaving it up to big Navy to decide the rest.
How many are we talking about? If it is just one NRC will approve, if more than 1 then they require 2 weeks to route as the PA says it goes to the Director of Officer Community Management, not sure if he or she would delegate to the specific community manager or if that is even allowed.

lkafka

I have SWO #1 then SNA SNFO respectively. Is Pro-Rec-Y/N how the board let's you know of their decision?

Thanks for all the info, definitely been very helpful!

JB123

Does anyone know when at board list will likely come out
From following the last board (Aug 16), someone posted the At Board list a day before the board. I also thought i saw someone in that same thread claim that the at board list is released 1-2 weeks prior to the day the committee meets. It appeared that the individuals who disseminated the preliminary and Pro-Rec Y/N lists were active duty so i am assuming they accessed them on websites requiring a military CAC certificate. Not 100% sure though

Last edited:

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
I have SWO #1 then SNA SNFO respectively. Is Pro-Rec-Y/N how the board let's you know of their decision?

Thanks for all the info, definitely been very helpful!
Yes. Regardless of your preference, if you’re accepted, you’ll receive a Pro-Rec Y. Your preference will dictate whether or not you get a date immediately.

Danielle29

Has anyone made a stats excel sheet for the SWO 17 Nov 2021 board or am I losing it and just didn’t catch where it was posted? And also, I thought it convenes on 15 Nov 2021?

JB123

Has anyone made a stats excel sheet for the SWO 17 Nov 2021 board or am I losing it and just didn’t catch where it was posted? And also, I thought it convenes on 15 Nov 2021?

Credit to @Navy21 for creating the template. Feel free to populate the spreadsheet with your statistics as we await the results for this board. Good luck everyone!