• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

17NOV21 SWO Board

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
@NavyOCSHopeful what is the age limit/max for most, if not all, Marine Corps accession programs? I was thinking if I don’t get in this time around that i would try a different service branch, marines being my second choice. I’ve already been rejected by the NUPOC program. I did well on my first interview but choked on interviews 2 and 3. I got invited back for another try out, which apparently doesn’t happen often for college grads, but I elected to apply for a different community in hopes of expediting the commission selection process. Oh boy was I ever wrong. At least the committee members who coordinate the nuke school boards hold interviews every month as opposed to waiting what seems like 3-4 month intervals for your app to be reviewed by a board on top of waiting another 4-6 weeks to find out if you’ve been accepted into the program! My ultimate goal is to become an officer for the armed services regardless of role, so any advice or wisdom you could impart would be much appreciated.

AD Coast Guard - 27
AD Marines - 28
Reserve Marines - 29
AD Navy - 34
Reserve AF - 35
AD AF - 39
Reserve Navy - 39
Reserve Coast Guard - 39
ANG - 40
Army (all) - 42

By the way an ASTB of 62 7/6/6 is above average. You have a great shot for SWO and a good shot for SNFO/SNA (whichever you're going for).

JB123

AD Coast Guard - 27
AD Marines - 28
Reserve Marines - 29
AD Navy - 34
Reserve AF - 35
AD AF - 39
Reserve Navy - 39
Reserve Coast Guard - 39
ANG - 40
Army (all) - 42

By the way an ASTB of 62 7/6/6 is above average. You have a great shot for SWO and a good shot for SNFO/SNA (whichever you're going for).

I wanted to go for SNFO but the general consensus on here and what i was told by multiple recruiters is that if you don’t score 8 or 9s on your PFAR and FOFAR you have less than a 50% chance of getting selected. Took the ASFB twice and got identical scores on the aviation portion so i chalked it up as not meant to be LOL.

villo0692

AD Coast Guard - 27
AD Marines - 28
Reserve Marines - 29
AD Navy - 34
Reserve AF - 35
AD AF - 39
Reserve Navy - 39
Reserve Coast Guard - 39
ANG - 40
Army (all) - 42

hello Ben

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
I wanted to go for SNFO but the general consensus on here and what i was told by multiple recruiters is that if you don’t score 8 or 9s on your PFAR and FOFAR you have less than a 50% chance of getting selected. Took the ASFB twice and got identical scores on the aviation portion so i chalked it up as not meant to be LOL.
I’d still apply if I were you. I’ve seen NFOs and SNA picked up with 6s and 7s.

DCman1018

Very nervous knowing how low the acceptance % was for the AUG board. I've got waivers and I really hope this isnt a complete shutdown factor for the board.

exNavyOffRec

Very nervous knowing how low the acceptance % was for the AUG board. I've got waivers and I really hope this isnt a complete shutdown factor for the board.

That wasn't a low selection %, kind of normal. just the max 1st and 2nd choices and the max select per board gives a 65% rate, add in the 3rd choices and below that would give you about what the last board was.

mdespo13

Since the next SWO board is closing in, I thought I would add my stats to this thread:
I have already been selected Pro-Rec-Y from the August SWO board. My OCS date is 19 June 22.

OAR:47
BS: Applied Accounting and Finance, Fordham University
GPA: 3.74
Waiver: Yes, for a hip surgery
Prior: No
Pro-Rec-Y: SWO

lkafka

OAR: 54
ASTB: 6/5/5
BA - Political Science
GPA: 3.54
Waiver: Medical

Took the ASTB once but more interested in SWO anyways. Submitted for SWO and the SNA and SNFO boards though. We'll see.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
OAR: 54
ASTB: 6/5/5
BA - Political Science
GPA: 3.54
Waiver: Medical

Took the ASTB once but more interested in SWO anyways. Submitted for SWO and the SNA and SNFO boards though. We'll see.
Good shot for SWO. Nice GPA.

Does anyone know if marijuana waivers have an extreme negative impact on your application? Say if a candidate used 2 times several years ago in college? I'm not interested in lying about it