• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

15 Aug 18 Pilot/NFO board

hyde23

Looks like I was a non-select for this board. My recruiter told me he was surprised and he's getting the chief recruiter to get some feedback. Right now it looks like it was because my motivational statement talked more about being a Navy Officer rather than a Naval Aviator. I'll just have to rewrite it and apply for the next board. Congrats to everyone that was selected though.
Can you post your statement?

exNavyOffRec

Looks like I was a non-select for this board. My recruiter told me he was surprised and he's getting the chief recruiter to get some feedback. Right now it looks like it was because my motivational statement talked more about being a Navy Officer rather than a Naval Aviator. I'll just have to rewrite it and apply for the next board. Congrats to everyone that was selected though.

Boards don't give feedback, that is what the PA is for.

Aviation doesn't care about motivational statements, they wan't people who have the best shot at getting through flight school.

If there are no other issues such as waivers then I would be a bit surprised you are a "N" too, now several years ago those with a "7" on PFAR would be a 50/50 shot, those with an "8" I never had one denied.

loco24k

pilot
Boards don't give feedback, that is what the PA is for.

Aviation doesn't care about motivational statements, they wan't people who have the best shot at getting through flight school.

If there are no other issues such as waivers then I would be a bit surprised you are a "N" too, now several years ago those with a "7" on PFAR would be a 50/50 shot, those with an "8" I never had one denied.
Thanks for your reply, I didn't need any waivers at all, I did notice a lot of people applying had LOR's from retired pilots and other high ranking officers. The only LOR I have is from my professor. Do you know if LORs are a big deal to the board?

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for your reply, I didn't need any waivers at all, I did notice a lot of people applying had LOR's from retired pilots and other high ranking officers. The only LOR I have is from my professor. Do you know if LORs are a big deal to the board?

will LOR's help get you through flight school?

Lukess

I highly doubt that your LORs or motivational statement were the reasons why you got a “N”. I’m not saying they shouldn’t be properly completed, but you’re scores alone, from what I’ve seen, are more than enough to get you a “YES”. You’re 100% sure your recruiter said you got a “N”? or maybe you didn’t make the board due to incomplete documents or such.

loco24k

pilot
I highly doubt that your LORs or motivational statement were the reasons why you got a “N”. I’m not saying they shouldn’t be properly completed, but you’re scores alone, from what I’ve seen, are more than enough to get you a “YES”. You’re 100% sure your recruiter said you got a “N”? or maybe you didn’t make the board due to incomplete documents or such.
Yeah, I called him back in June to make sure we had everything completed and he reassured me that it was. I will call him again though later this week to see if he got anymore information on why I got an N. I'm pretty sure he would have told me if I was missing any documents and missed the board when I called him yesterday for the results.

peppergunner

ɹǝqɯǝW pǝʇɹǝʌuI
According to recruiters on here, personal statements basically get thrown into the trash and aren't looked at. Any chance you missed deadline and your OR is trying to cover that?

As a 21yr old Mech Engineer with those scores and a 3.6...something else has to be going on.

loco24k

pilot
According to recruiters on here, personal statements basically get thrown into the trash and aren't looked at. Any chance you missed deadline and your OR is trying to cover that?

As a 21yr old Mech Engineer with those scores and a 3.6...something else has to be going on.
Perhaps you're right, I figured he would just tell me he forgot some paperwork. He told me everything was complete in June and I called him again in July just to be sure I didn't have anything missing. In a way I hope he did just miss the deadline, because that means I still have a chance of being selected.

peppergunner

ɹǝqɯǝW pǝʇɹǝʌuI
Perhaps you're right, I figured he would just tell me he forgot some paperwork. He told me everything was complete in June and I called him again in July just to be sure I didn't have anything missing. In a way I hope he did just miss the deadline, because that means I still have a chance of being selected.
I just remember after the May board, one person was sad because they didn't get selected, gave their reason, then Rufio just said their recruiter missed the board because the reason was BS.

I've only seen one person here get denied with your scores and they had a criminal waiver. Disclaimer: only been here for like, 4 months.

Last edited: