• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

15 Aug 18 Pilot/NFO board

drod

Cheers mate.

Gotta keep this forum open at work to stay sane.

I’m dying playing the waiting game. These last couple of months weren’t as bad but now that people are getting answers it’s getting tough.

I haven’t added to the doc but I scored 7/7/7 62, 21M applying for SNA only. Called the recruiter yesterday and he says he’ll tell me when he gets word. Hopefully that’s soon. As to when OCS will be, has anyone figured out if September dates are still available? I’ve been planning for October.

peppergunner

ɹǝqɯǝW pǝʇɹǝʌuI
I’m dying playing the waiting game. These last couple of months weren’t as bad but now that people are getting answers it’s getting tough.

I haven’t added to the doc but I scored 7/7/7 62, 21M applying for SNA only. Called the recruiter yesterday and he says he’ll tell me when he gets word. Hopefully that’s soon. As to when OCS will be, has anyone figured out if September dates are still available? I’ve been planning for October.
I'm so confused why some people hear sooner than others. I don't think ORs just sit on the info and wait 2 weeks before sending the info to the applicants. But some people literally heard the next day when they weren't even AQ.

drod

I'm so confused why some people hear sooner than others. I don't think ORs just sit on the info and wait 2 weeks before sending the info to the applicants. But some people literally heard the next day when they weren't even AQ.

I’ve seen some people saying it’s in the order apps were received but that doesn’t make sense to me for several reasons. Another possibility I thought of is that some OR are reluctant to share Pro Req results with applicants before finsel is released. In my case I don’t think my recruiter will share pro req information with me till he has the final result based on the way he handled some things while completing my package, AND, I don’t think he’s been in the office all week :)

peppergunner

ɹǝqɯǝW pǝʇɹǝʌuI
I’ve seen some people saying it’s in the order apps were received but that doesn’t make sense to me for several reasons. Another possibility I thought of is that some OR are reluctant to share Pro Req results with applicants before finsel is released. In my case I don’t think my recruiter will share pro req information with me till he has the final result based on the way he handled some things while completing my package, AND, I don’t think he’s been in the office all week :)
Well along with the word of your PROREC from your OR, you should get information from your processor indeoendent of your FINSEL. So even if your OR is withholding info, the processor should be sending you OCS prep stuff if you got the PROREC.

JH_ATC

You're telling me.. many minutes have been wasted checking BOL for results. I don't think any fleet applicants have heard the news yet.

My recruiter told me that in the system I'm showing as a "select status", but that no official notification has been released. Does this usually translate to PROREC Y or does it sometimes change to PROREC N?

Judge Q

Judging You
So for those who didn't get selected with high scores (50/7/7/7 or higher), I'd highly encourage submitting again. Without notice, NRC changed the board process and they want applicants with STRONG motivational statements and STRONG letters of recommendation.

Big change coming from the previous "they dont even look at those docs" expectations.

I guess that's good news for me personally if that's the new system but that really sucks for people who were told it didn't matter and got caught in the lurch.

Wind-Jammer

So for those who didn't get selected with high scores (50/7/7/7 or higher), I'd highly encourage submitting again. Without notice, NRC changed the board process and they want applicants with STRONG motivational statements and STRONG letters of recommendation.

Well, this just became a little more interesting. By "STRONG" LOR's do you mean on a strong name basis (i.e higher ranking military personnel) or does a well written one from a coach or teacher also translate?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Well, this just became a little more interesting. By "STRONG" LOR's do you mean on a strong name basis (i.e higher ranking military personnel) or does a well written one from a coach or teacher also translate?

I should have clarified. The remarks/letter should be at least 2-3 paragraphs. That’s what I call a strong LOR. Not just a few sentences.

exNavyOffRec

I wonder how long until they change back when people with strong LOR's and statements that have minimum scores are failing out of flight school to the point they aren't getting the numbers they need.