• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

zoeth

Over 9000
I can only imagine... Just my personal experience, but of the dozens of NROTC/USNA SWO accessions I've come across, I've yet to meet a single one that didn't hate, or at least hint at hating, it. The ones I got to know better, it was all too apparent. Even dated one. The meme I've come to learn is you do your 4 years, then either get out immediately, try to redesignate, or use your shore tours to figure out your next move in life is and get the heck out.

Let me put it in perspective. When people in their early-mid 20s from villages in the South and Midwest where no one leaves get all-expense paid little work trips to a dozen countries in Europe and doing a fair amount of tourism like these DESRON 60 SWO's I've known (and they'll be sure to tell you all about it), and still hate being a SWO, you know it's obviously not for everyone. Those career SWOs who really "embrace the suck" have incredible fortitude and the SWO lifestyle appeals to them on a personal level.

Stab Stab, Look, Stab

exNavyOffRec

Where did you get the info about the # of applicants for this board and that they're picking FY 19? I thought October would be more for FY 19.

OCS FY goes by commission date, so really there is a 6 month offset (maybe 5 month), generally if a person doesn't have a pro Y by May 1st the odds of being in that FY are lower than normal.

chefmike1126

OCS FY goes by commission date, so really there is a 6 month offset (maybe 5 month), generally if a person doesn't have a pro Y by May 1st the odds of being in that FY are lower than normal.
thats good to know i was thinking FY 18 just meant you filled the quota required in 18 i did not know it meant commisioned in 2018 if thats how it works its odd they are "picking FY18" at all if they are truly backed up...

abctotheabc

Anthony - that chart I posted were the numbers for you.

Yeah I have that saved on my phone as a reference for the past boards. Chefmike was referring to the # of applicants that made it to this May board, which wasn't referenced on the chart

Vincent

Yeah I have that saved on my phone as a reference for the past boards. Chefmike was referring to the # of applicants that made it to this May board, which wasn't referenced on the chart

Lol! No, brotha. The chart I made was based on the "At Board" list of all the names and number of people who were actually going to have their packages reviewed. Which your name is on there btw last I checked.

abctotheabc

Lol! No, brotha. The chart I made was based on the "At Board" list of all the names and number of people who were actually going to have their packages reviewed. Which your name is on there btw last I checked.

Are you referring to the chart on page 7? I didn't see anything about the May board or the "at board" for us, I'm super confused