• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

14 FEB 2021 OCS

Congratulations! I have a few questions to ask if you don’t mind me asking. What materials did you use to study for the OAR? What’s the time lines process of submitting package then the board convening and you finding out the results then leaving for OCS?

tylerhager

Congratulations! I have a few questions to ask if you don’t mind me asking. What materials did you use to study for the OAR? What’s the time lines process of submitting package then the board convening and you finding out the results then leaving for OCS?
It’s really difficult to find material that are recent. I really focused on the Navy vocabulary which I believed was a big chunk of my OAR. But if you just search Navy OAR study guide and just look through different ones you should be all set. Don’t be nervous to take it once to just get the feel of how the test is and what it is going to ask. You get to take it three times. For the timeline on board reviews, mine I believed took about three months. I promise you it will be the longest months waiting. And for the timeline on when you will leave for OCS, I got my results in June but since I am graduating college in December I had to wait till after I get my diploma to leave, but for me it will only be 2 months waiting.

tylerhager

My recruiter said something about possibly going early because of COVID. Right now with OCS they are having you come two weeks prior to quarantine. Hopefully that won’t be the case for February.

dsv493

Has anyone had any good, informative updates from their Recruiter? Mine basically told me this was the class I was slotted for but hasn’t provided any other updates.

C@nn@r

Hello everyone and congratulations on getting accepted. I just found out about being selected for OCS ship date 02/14/21 for supply and logistics. Does anyone have any information or updates? Has COVID-19 changed anything about OCS?

MA1371

Do we need to report 2 weeks prior to the start date of 02/14 for a two week quarantine?

Correct, my recruiter told me that we will be there on Jan31st to start the two week quarantine and will officially begin OCS on Feb 14th. Those two weeks will be nice to refresh study material and work on maxing out pushups/planks.

C@nn@r

Correct, my recruiter told me that we will be there on Jan31st to start the two week quarantine and will officially begin OCS on Feb 14th. Those two weeks will be nice to refresh study material and work on maxing out pushups/planks.
Does the PFT now for sure include the plank in place of the previous crunch? I have been working on both just in case but my recruiter was not 100% if the plank is official or not. Any idea on the structure of the 2 week quarantine yet?

MA1371

Does the PFT now for sure include the plank in place of the previous crunch? I have been working on both just in case but my recruiter was not 100% if the plank is official or not. Any idea on the structure of the 2 week quarantine yet?

That part I'm not 100% sure on, my recruiter said to train for both.