• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

13 Sep 21 Supply Corps Board

Ktimoll

Sinnocent
Has anyone heard anything? Any civilian applicants hear any roomers about when the results would be released? I know we’re all hoping for the results to be released today. Hope that’s the case!
Pattern has been civilians hear ‘unofficial’ results a few days to a couple weeks before results are released. Also, you’ll be able to see class dates in eNTRS before the list comes out. Down side is that nothing will show for AD

I’m a civilian and I haven’t heard anything from my OR; I’m hoping for results to come out by the end of next week. If the results are currently out for civilians, then my recruiter doesn’t want to tell me I wasn’t selected haha.

Hong

Supply board questions
wow, lots of useful information here, thank you. What kind of questions did they ask? How did everyone prepare for the interview?
Currently, I am waiting for my age wavier (just turned 32) to get approved. I wonder if anyone has a similar experience or background as I do.

My background:
  • OAR 50
  • MBA (GPA 3.6)
  • BA-International relations (GPA 3.8)
  • Project management certification
  • Working on Lean six sigma
  • Former guard member (E4)-supply
  • Completed both army and airforce logistic tech schools.
  • 3 LOR: 1 from supply professor from my graduate school, 1 from air guard major, 1 from E8 my previous supervisor in air guard.
  • Mandarin speaker (not sure this would help in any case)
  • Not a swimmer (learning how to swim currently)
I am a bit concerned about my lack of leadership experience, I wonder if the board will give me a hard time on that. How should I go about preparing leadership types of questions?

I initially enlisted in the army guard (1 year), then transferred to the air guard (6 years). As a traditional guard member, I took the advantage of going to school full time throughout my guard service. However, I did not have leadership experience during my guard service. When I joined in I was not a U.S citizen and did not receive my security clearance until the 3rd year of my air guard service. After I received my clearance, due to budget cuts my unit did not have money to send me to the NCO course, then when they had money, I had my son (with a medical condition that required frequent treatment until he was 3 years old), I then chose not to go to that course due to this reason. Now I completed school (for now), and my son's condition is much better, I would love to get back into service full time.

I wonder if they will question why I didn't get promoted in the guard. I doubt anyone has a similar experience, but I would appreciate any tips and advice on how to prepare for the board.

Thank you very much for your time.

exNavyOffRec

wow, lots of useful information here, thank you. What kind of questions did they ask? How did everyone prepare for the interview?
Currently, I am waiting for my age wavier (just turned 32) to get approved. I wonder if anyone has a similar experience or background as I do.

My background:
  • OAR 50
  • MBA (GPA 3.6)
  • 3 LOR: 1 from supply professor from my graduate school, 1 from air guard major, 1 from E8 my previous supervisor in air guard.
I am a bit concerned about my lack of leadership experience, I wonder if the board will give me a hard time on that. How should I go about preparing leadership types of questions?

I initially enlisted in the army guard (1 year), then transferred to the air guard (6 years). As a traditional guard member, I took the advantage of going to school full time throughout my guard service. However, I did not have leadership experience during my guard service. When I joined in I was not a U.S citizen and did not receive my security clearance until the 3rd year of my air guard service. After I received my clearance, due to budget cuts my unit did not have money to send me to the NCO course, then when they had money, I had my son (with a medical condition that required frequent treatment until he was 3 years old), I then chose not to go to that course due to this reason. Now I completed school (for now), and my son's condition is much better, I would love to get back into service full time.

I wonder if they will question why I didn't get promoted in the guard. I doubt anyone has a similar experience, but I would appreciate any tips and advice on how to prepare for the board.

Don't worry about lack of leadership as most that apply don't have that anyway.

The thing you need to be concerned about is your age, the past several board have not been kind for those with age or TIS waivers.

Ktimoll

Sinnocent

My background:
  • OAR 50
  • MBA (GPA 3.6)

Hey! Great stats, I wouldn’t worry about the age waiver, I’m 33, got selected on the June board

Hong

Supply board questions
Hey! Great stats, I wouldn’t worry about the age waiver, I’m 33, got selected on the June board
Thank you Ktimoll, that is very encouraging!! I just turned 32 in July. May I ask what types of question did they ask during the interview? And do you have any suggestions on how to prepare for it?

Hong

Supply board questions
Don't worry about lack of leadership as most that apply don't have that anyway.

The thing you need to be concerned about is your age, the past several board have not been kind for those with age or TIS waivers.
Thank you exNavyOffRec. I just turned 32 in July, I will keep my fingers crossed, hopefully they will see that I am not too much older than 32.

exNavyOffRec

Thank you exNavyOffRec. I just turned 32 in July, I will keep my fingers crossed, hopefully they will see that I am not too much older than 32.
The max waiverable age is 35 so you are under that, the fact that you are prior service helps with that. It is something to be aware of but being under 35 with a waiver is better than being over 35 with a waiver.

My background:
  • OAR 50
  • MBA (GPA 3.6)

Thank you Ktimoll, that is very encouraging!! I just turned 32 in July. May I ask what types of question did they ask during the interview? And do you have any suggestions on how to prepare for it?
for supply corp appraisal(interviews), they usually ask your knowledge as well as interest about the supply corp and navy. They also ask about your knowledge on career progression for supply corp. Other than that behavioral questions. They gauge your motivation and attitude. The interview doesn’t last more than half hour. Keep yourself engaged in interviews, answer questions with examples.. I know this doesnt help much because I felt that my interviews were more like sharing each others life experiences.

Hong

Supply board questions
for supply corp appraisal(interviews), they usually ask your knowledge as well as interest about the supply corp and navy. They also ask about your knowledge on career progression for supply corp. Other than that behavioral questions. They gauge your motivation and attitude. The interview doesn’t last more than half hour. Keep yourself engaged in interviews, answer questions with examples.. I know this doesnt help much because I felt that my interviews were more like sharing each others life experiences.
Thank you abkosamiya. I truly appreciate your input though ?‍♀️

exNavyOffRec

Since he is not USN AD he doesn't need to get interviews by a Supply officer, and often it hurts rather than helps unless the interviewer understands the purpose of OCS and such.

Ktimoll

Sinnocent
All my interviews were done by Naval Officers. I would say just be honest with your responses to questions. Interviewers will typically try to get a sense of your character and maturity level. You could get scenario based questions to test leadership potential