• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11APR2022 SWO Board

Drahgoone

I noticed that this board is effectively half the size of the last SWO board held Feb 22nd. There were 245 names on the at-board list for that one, and 123 names for this one. Any ideas as to why there is such a large difference in size? Or is it simply because the time difference between November to February was larger.

Rtjenkins

Ricky Jenkins
I noticed that this board is effectively half the size of the last SWO board held Feb 22nd. There were 245 names on the at-board list for that one, and 123 names for this one. Any ideas as to why there is such a large difference in size? Or is it simply because the time difference between November to February was larger.
Good question, from what I can see, it looks like they have quota of about 159 people so I’m not sure why there is a smaller application list

exNavyOffRec

Good question, from what I can see, it looks like they have quota of about 159 people so I’m not sure why there is a smaller application list
One thing to keep in mind is the last SWO board they pulled all the N's from the previous board into that board which hasn't been done before which boosted the number. It appears there is a drop in SWO candidates or what has happened the board hasn't been pleased with the applicants so the number of selections available is growing since they haven't used all the selections the past several boards.

Rtjenkins

Ricky Jenkins
One thing to keep in mind is the last SWO board they pulled all the N's from the previous board into that board which hasn't been done before which boosted the number. It appears there is a drop in SWO candidates or what has happened the board hasn't been pleased with the applicants so the number of selections available is growing since they haven't used all the selections the past several boards.
The packages itself is what didn’t please the board members that were submitted in the past?

exNavyOffRec

The packages itself is what didn’t please the board members that were submitted in the past?
That is the implication, I mean if you are told you can pick 100 and there are 200 to choose from but you only pick 50 then you must feel the remaining 150 were not good enough to pick.

Rtjenkins

Ricky Jenkins
That is the implication, I mean if you are told you can pick 100 and there are 200 to choose from but you only pick 50 then you must feel the remaining 150 were not good enough to pick.
I wonder if that’s the same for the supply board that they added. I spoke with the OCM, They added a mini board for may 2 to fill fy22 quotas but are still having the June 6 board. Now I’m not sure if my package is getting rolled in for that board or staying with the June board, they only need about 6 people

exNavyOffRec

I wonder if that’s the same for the supply board that they added. I spoke with the OCM, They added a mini board for may 2 to fill fy22 quotas but are still having the June 6 board. Now I’m not sure if my package is getting rolled in for that board or staying with the June board, they only need about 6 people
It could be, I think Supply was the same thing they picked fewer than they could have.

Rtjenkins

Ricky Jenkins
Hi- I found out I was selected ~2 weeks after the last SWO board convened if that helps! Supply decision took 3 weeks for the September board. Lately there has been faster turnaround, however it could take up to a month or more also.
Yea the last couple boards they’ve taken about 13 days for results so I’d imagine either next Friday or the following Monday

Carsonj31!

Is there a website to hear about acceptances or denials, or do we wait for Chain of Command?
Also outside of CCC and the triad, once results post and you haven't heard anything check your BOL under selection boards and advancements. (should be the first option) It will give you feedback and selection results.