• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11APR2022 SWO Board

jdmurray

If you’re in FY-23 is there a way of leaving earlier than October? My command projected me leaving in December, but surely there are classes prior to that one?

RhodesReese

If you’re in FY-23 is there a way of leaving earlier than October? My command projected me leaving in December, but surely there are classes prior to that one?
If you want to leave earlier, check cantrac for the OCS dates and then have your XO/CO email Mr. Celestine telling him when you can transfer.

RhodesReese

Do you know why they’re telling me October/ December? Is it probably them trying to keep me for this deployment in a few months?
That’s probably what they will say to Mr. Celestine when he asks when you can transfer. It’s up to your chain when you can go.

Rtjenkins

Ricky Jenkins
They have me slated for September and that’s only due to me waiting results for my other package, I could leave sooner

Carsonj31!

They have me slated for September and that’s only due to me waiting results for my other package, I could leave sooner
I’m hoping I can get that late September class also so I can be completely done with my masters. But same I could leave earlier.

jdmurray

Quick question to the members that have seen how this process works. I commented earlier about my command trying to keep me, which is still a very real thing. My current inquiry is based off a comment I saw awhile back that “OCS doesn’t recommend prospect candidates they won’t have until later down the line”. How true is that sentiment & does your command have the final say so in when you leave?

RhodesReese

Quick question to the members that have seen how this process works. I commented earlier about my command trying to keep me, which is still a very real thing. My current inquiry is based off a comment I saw awhile back that “OCS doesn’t recommend prospect candidates they won’t have until later down the line”. How true is that sentiment & does your command have the final say so in when you leave?
Once selected, your CO and XO will be notified of your selection and will be asked when you can transfer. If you’re selection comes with a FY-23 ( example) report date, your CO can choose a date sometime in that fiscal year. But yes the command does have a say if operations require you. If not, you should be working with them to identify a time that you want.

For me, I was selected for FY23. However, before I even applied, my CO said he needed me to complete my deployment. I agreed, didn’t want to leave my team without a body, and so I asked to leave in September to give me time with family before I shipped out to OCS. And that’s what I got.

Does anyone have a rough estimate as to when active duty will recieve a ship date?

I understand orders work the same as any other orders as they can come in pretty early or as late as days prior to transfer.

RhodesReese

Does anyone have a rough estimate as to when active duty will recieve a ship date?

I understand orders work the same as any other orders as they can come in pretty early or as late as days prior to transfer.
Are you asking on when you receive your OCS date or hard copy orders?