• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11APR2022 SWO Board

Lriego796

The "new" applicant doesnt make any sense to me, they are looking for qualified candidates. Did you attempt to justify the discharge from OCS previously?
Shhee, yes. Unfortunately it was a disqualification specifically for pilot. At the time (5 years ago) they told me to come back and try for another position. So here I am, took a while but I’m here. I just want to know more details if anyone knows more about the decision making for this board. Also would like to take in any advice and tips moving forward. I would like to submit again. Looking at the previous posts, do you think I’ll have a shot for the next up coming board?

exNavyOffRec

No I got discharged for pilot. I did get selected and went to OCS but I only got as far as MEPs at the training command in Newport. I got discharged and went back home. 5 years after, here I am applying again. I got everything cleared, waivers for age, medical…etc. So not sure what was missing. My recruiter told me, they’re looking for “new” applicants, like first time applicants. Thoughts?
it was probably your age, it gets dicey when you need a waiver for that, and a waiver isn't really a waiver it is just the ok to be seen by the board so the board can still look at the age and go "no"

Lriego796

it was probably your age, it gets dicey when you need a waiver for that, and a waiver isn't really a waiver it is just the ok to be seen by the board so the board can still look at the age and go "no"
I see. I was advised that I can resubmit for the next up coming board. 15JUN2022 or estimate. I don’t want to give up.

exNavyOffRec

I see. I was advise that I can resubmit for the next up coming board. 15JUN2022 or estimate. I don’t want to give up.
You are supposed to have a 6 month wait unless you have a significant change, which can be an OAR increase. You can submit again and hope they don't say "wait" but what is going to make them pick you the next time? If this board like the last few for SWO let spots go unfilled you will need to do something really significant to get noticed.

Lriego796

You are supposed to have a 6 month wait unless you have a significant change, which can be an OAR increase. You can submit again and hope they don't say "wait" but what is going to make them pick you the next time? If this board like the last few for SWO let spots go unfilled you will need to do something really significant to get noticed.
I see. Thank you for the feedback.

jdmurray

Question to all. How much should we trust the “unofficial” listing? I know the civilians & reservists have been finding out, & a few AD as well. I just got told I got picked up as well, but it’s not official yet until the official comes out. If we’re on the “unofficial” listing is that subject to change if at all?