• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

FlightEngineerBobby

SNA Applicant (ISPP)
Dudes/ Dudettes, I’m taking these math tests like every day. What’s everyone’s scores usually average? I’m getting like 70s on most of these math tests. Good? Bad? Ugly?

Additionally, how are the AQR/PFAR/FOFAR scores generated?

Last edited:

LCatch

9-6-7
Aero Engineering 3.7 GPA

Is the 6 on the PFAR good enough? It's only one point above the minimum which is what has me concerned. The recent aviation hype with Top Gun coming out only adds to my worries in thinking it will be more competitive than in the past. Is it worth it to risk losing the 9 on the AQR just to bump up my PFAR a little bit?

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
9-6-7
Aero Engineering 3.7 GPA

Is the 6 on the PFAR good enough? It's only one point above the minimum which is what has me concerned. The recent aviation hype with Top Gun coming out only adds to my worries in thinking it will be more competitive than in the past. Is it worth it to risk losing the 9 on the AQR just to bump up my PFAR a little bit?
That 9 AQR and GPA/Major is nice. I'd send it personally. If you dont get picked up you know why.

justin2023

Dudes/ Dudettes, I’m taking these math tests like every day. What’s everyone’s scores usually average? I’m getting like 70s on most of these math tests. Good? Bad? Ugly?

Additionally, how are the AQR/PFAR/FOFAR scores generated?

This shows a good breakdown on what you need to do well on to achieve the scores you want:

exNavyOffRec

9-6-7
Aero Engineering 3.7 GPA

That is one of the weirdest score distributions I have seen.

The PFAR is what matters and that is lacking.

This is from Kyle's mech guide pt 2. I'm pretty sure this answer is wrong. in hydraulic jacks, pressure1=pressure2, so force1/area1=force2/area2. therefore, the correct equation would be f1/pi=100N/9pi, giving you a left piston force of approximately 11.1N. I don't know if I'm right or if my brain's given up.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 9.21.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 9.21.59 PM.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 17

martinezand

I have a quick question in regards to the HOTAS and Jantzen. What setting is the the test going to most resemble for the stick and throttle? Medium? Hard? Easy? Or is it just best to start on hard and get use to that level? Thank you!

Aggie23

Howdy everybody, just got done with the ASTB for my first try and got 7/6/7. Been studying on and off for about a month with about a week of solid cramming. I’ve got a 3.0 GPA in a Tier 2 major (NROTC). Any thoughts on if I should take it again? Thanks!

Pilot9922

Howdy everybody, just got done with the ASTB for my first try and got 7/6/7. Been studying on and off for about a month with about a week of solid cramming. I’ve got a 3.0 GPA in a Tier 2 major (NROTC). Any thoughts on if I should take it again? Thanks!
If you're in NROTC you're Selecting next year I'm guessing?

shellshockjosh

Howdy everyone, it's that season so here is my "what are my chances" post. ROTC at a Senior Military College, lots of leadership experience while here. 3.01 GPA in a tier 3 major, 260 PRT, four years of Russian language courses, 677 ASTB score. Hoping to select SNA. SNFO is third, SWO is second (I don't think it's as bad as everyone says, I think the surface navy is cool). Thanks.