• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

OptionsDollaraire

Also for everyone using the Jantzen sim with the x52 HOTAS, what are you scores getting to on the hardest difficulty? I'm on day 3 and I'm consistently able to get to high 100's for stick and throttle. Worried this is only good enough for 7's...

justin2023

Has anyone actually used this to study: https://tbastestprep.com/

Granted, it is $60 but the UAV section looks almost identical to the ASTB and the aircraft tracking mode has dichotic listening + emergency procedures. I use the app on the app store to study (one with ensign shoulder board) and the UAV tracker is good but kinda slow compared to the actual exam

umijs

Has anyone actually used this to study: https://tbastestprep.com/

Granted, it is $60 but the UAV section looks almost identical to the ASTB and the aircraft tracking mode has dichotic listening + emergency procedures. I use the app on the app store to study (one with ensign shoulder board) and the UAV tracker is good but kinda slow compared to the actual exam
I have it and it's alright. The tracking mode is very smooth and easier than Jantzen's sim when using a hotas stick, however, you use rudder pedals rather than a throttle. There are no emergency procedures for the tracking mode, it only has you listen for certain numbers/letters and you pull the trigger when you hear the right one. Unfortunately, it's not like the ASTB where you have to differentiate between each ear. Jantzen's sim offers the same exact features as the tbastestprep software when it comes to the tracking mode.

The UAV mode is cool because you have a couple of settings you can alter like the speed and whether to enable ordinal directions.

There are two other modes called Aural Memorization and Multi-Tasking. I think multi-tasking might resemble the emergency procedures but I am not entirely sure since I haven't taken the ASTB yet. Aural memorization just gives you 5 letters to remember and you click when you hear the right letter. Pretty dumb since the tracking mode has the same exact thing.

I think you should just save your money and stick to using Jantzen's sim with a hotas and practice UAV using flashcards and that app you have.

justin2023

I have it and it's alright. The tracking mode is very smooth and easier than Jantzen's sim when using a hotas stick, however, you use rudder pedals rather than a throttle. There are no emergency procedures for the tracking mode, it only has you listen for certain numbers/letters and you pull the trigger when you hear the right one. Unfortunately, it's not like the ASTB where you have to differentiate between each ear. Jantzen's sim offers the same exact features as the tbastestprep software when it comes to the tracking mode.

The UAV mode is cool because you have a couple of settings you can alter like the speed and whether to enable ordinal directions.

There are two other modes called Aural Memorization and Multi-Tasking. I think multi-tasking might resemble the emergency procedures but I am not entirely sure since I haven't taken the ASTB yet. Aural memorization just gives you 5 letters to remember and you click when you hear the right letter. Pretty dumb since the tracking mode has the same exact thing.

I think you should just save your money and stick to using Jantzen's sim with a hotas and practice UAV using flashcards and that app you have.
Thanks for the insight!

itsjerry

Hey whats up yall. I took the test this morning so if anyone wants to shoot any specific questions at me im here. I would share my experience in detail, but from what i have been reading on here, everyones test and situation is different. but i would be glad to answer any specific questions!

jew56

Applying for Supply, this is what my packet would look like.

-GPA: 3.0 Overall ( All Degrees Calculated)
MBA (Supply Chain Management 3.7GPA)

-OAR Waiver

-Management/Leadership Experience
-Volunteer Work

-Currently working in the logistics field

Honestly, how do my chances look?

KHam

SNFO Pro Rec- Y
I understand your position completely. My suggestion, like everyone else, is to review Kyle’s Guide. Go print it off and take the test. Then study the hell out of the sections you get wrong. Are you applying via ISPP
Hey thanks for the reply! I’ve reviewed Kyle’s study guide and it is a bit confusing in some parts, so I may be on the lookout for another study guide soon. And what exactly is ISPP?

KHam

SNFO Pro Rec- Y
Hey y'all, just want to say thank you for all the help this forum provided. Took the ASTB this morning and scored a 65 9/9/9. Definitely want to pay it forward so if anyone has any questions on how I prepared feel free to ask.
Congrats on those amazing scores! What did you use to study, and how long did you study before taking the test?

space_sailor

Hey thanks for the reply! I’ve reviewed Kyle’s study guide and it is a bit confusing in some parts, so I may be on the lookout for another study guide soon. And what exactly is ISPP?
ISPP is a program for active duty applicants. If you are a civilian don’t worry about it. There is a forum found here about it: https://www.airwarriors.com/community/threads/new-program-authorization-urlo-ispp.48668/

This is from a search engine search:

Ray0930

I bought the HOTAS joystick, but am having a hell of a time getting it configured to my computer so it can be read in the sim. Anything pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated