• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

DGoldy

does someone have a good quizlet link or some other good resources for the ANIT. I've taken this exam before but I am always willing to seek out new sources i take my exam again on the 25th of march I need some sources i mastered the PBM part this time around but I just need good review questions for the Math, Mechnical comprehension and to review for the ANIT I've been studying super hard for the OAR but wanna get this damned thing right this time i'm shooting for at least a 68 to be realistic and my first test was so bad it's not worth mentioning on here

NevarYalnal

does someone have a good quizlet link or some other good resources for the ANIT. I've taken this exam before but I am always willing to seek out new sources i take my exam again on the 25th of march I need some sources i mastered the PBM part this time around but I just need good review questions for the Math, Mechnical comprehension and to review for the ANIT I've been studying super hard for the OAR but wanna get this damned thing right this time i'm shooting for at least a 68 to be realistic and my first test was so bad it's not worth mentioning on here
if you're going for pilot, you would be better served going for 9s on the aviation portion of the test. a 68 OAR would be a nice to have if you rock the aviation scores.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
What @NevarYalnal is basically saying and is right about, is that the ASTB is way more important than the OAR number so don't worry so much about the OAR. Focus on the PBM. Lightly review the others sections if you've taken it before but don't waste too much time on it, especially if you've been studying a lot.

A 68 OAR isn't going to help you any more for getting selected than a 50. The difference between a 6-7 ASTB range and an 8-9 ASTB range is dramatically different and is primarily what the board cares about.

hfuruta

Hi all,

Just scored a 66/9/9/9. Background in mechanical engineering. Currently getting PPL (~12 hours in). Thank you to everyone who has posted here. It helped tremendously in my studies. I studied for about 2 weeks but luckily for me a lot overlapped/was review from private pilot ground school as well as the math/mechanical knowledge from college.

I mainly used the Barron's book, which I felt helped me be prepared for both the reading comprehension and mechanical comprehension, as well as some of the ANIT. I don't think it adequately prepared me for the math. I mainly used the UAV flashcards and PBM trainer below for the PBM portion, which prepared me about as well as I felt I could be. Here are all the resources I used which are basically just a compilation of this thread:

Barron's Military Flight Aptitude Tests
This reddit post
UAV flashcards
Random ANIT flashcards
More random ANIT flashcards
This Navy practice test
PBM trainer
Old Marine Gouge
More random materials

exNavyOffRec

have you taken the ASTB before and if so what were your scores?

villo0692

I feel like I was in retard status but I got a 20 1/1/1 made me question how I got 2 degrees lol
was there anything wrong with the system you took the test on? because those are the scores you'd get if you literally didn't answer anything

DGoldy

was there anything wrong with the system you took the test on? because those are the scores you'd get if you literally didn't answer anything
My test did crash like twice I was shocked too unless there was a submit button that I didn't hit on the exam

DGoldy

My test did crash like twice I was shocked too unless there was a submit button that I didn't hit on the exam
I did terrible on the parking lot part but now I have that down to a science I've been using a flashcard directional test

Oshun8235

As far as my score I'm in the same boat that I don't even want to mention. All we can do is adapt and overcome. I'll be retaking mine soon. Anyway here's Kyle's study kit if you don't already has it that has ANIT. Hope this helps.

DGoldy

As far as my score I'm in the same boat that I don't even want to mention. All we can do is adapt and overcome. I'll be retaking mine soon. Anyway here's Kyle's study kit if you don't already has it that has ANIT. Hope this helps.

Thank you! my test is this upcoming Thursday and all ive gotten good at is the directions and math guess imma cram so hard I turn into an actual plane and forget to be a person lmao

hfuruta

I was averaging in the 50s for the mid-high difficulty with the listening. The listening, as well as transitioning to the stick and throttle on the actual test makes it feel much harder. For the listening portion of the test, they say which ear to listen to, then a string of numbers and letters in that ear. If you can do it on the ASTB trainer for like a minute or two on the med-high difficulty and get the listening close to 100% you should be good to go.