• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

aymanb1234

Today I retook the ASTB for the second time and scored MUCH better than the first time. Now I am moving onto MEPS, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this site as it has been an invaluable place for info and tips. Fingers crossed for what comes next!
What did you end up getting? And are you doing Navy or Marines?

What helped you the most when studying? I got a stick and throttle so I'm good on that portion, but what helped you on the ANIT portion, Mechanical, and Math? Studying for my second time.
So for all the sections u just named, if you are getting really tough questions, that’s a good sign because the tests are adaptive. I read the OAR study guide from Mometrix just to get into the mindset of what you should be thinking about for the test. That book should help jog your mind on mechanical and math problems.

Oddly enough there wasn’t much I could do to prepare for the ANIT portion. I recommend the ASTB Prep app you can find on the AppStore, helps give some basic knowledge of what to expect and what you may need to know. I know I was doing good at the ANIT portion when I started getting REALLY obscure questions that no review material I found mentioned, like proper procedures on a carrier

Pro tips: GET RESOURCEFUL if you get scratch paper use the compass trick for the UAV section and write down the Emergency Procedures so you can just have them facing you. You also get a 15 minute break between the OAR and the other tests so I just chatted with my recruiter and got as much info out of him as I could because I know the next section after the OAR is the ANIT. I would phrase stuff I wasn’t too sure on or wanted to know as a statement while chatting.

Last edited:
So a friend of mine scored 5/5/4, and his recruiter said to move ahead with MEPS. How bad is that score? In our area there isn’t a heavy Navy presence; in fact no one knows the Navy is here, so it’s mainly him and I who qualified so far

FlyingGamecock

So a friend of mine scored 5/5/4, and his recruiter said to move ahead with MEPS. How bad is that score? In our area there isn’t a heavy Navy presence; in fact no one knows the Navy is here, so it’s mainly him and I who qualified so far
Definitely needs to retake after studying more. Is he shooting for SNA or NFO?

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
Hey, so I purchased a throttle and joystick the other day and I have been having issues using it. I followed all the steps to connect it and then when I tried to use it on the Jantzenx, none of the controls worked. I then download a joystick to mouse converter and that worked for the joystick but still no luck on the throttle. Anyone got anything that could help?

Valerie9795

Hey guys I need help with the UAV section! Can anyone tell me some good study hacks for it or where I can study for it? I totally bombed it when I took the ASTB a couple of weeks ago.

Valerie9795

Hey, so I purchased a throttle and joystick the other day and I have been having issues using it. I followed all the steps to connect it and then when I tried to use it on the Jantzenx, none of the controls worked. I then download a joystick to mouse converter and that worked for the joystick but still no luck on the throttle. Anyone got anything that could help?
Use antimicro! I was able to map the keystrokes for the throttle on it with no issues. I'm waiting on an adapter for my joystick so I can plug it into my computer but I'm planning on using antimicro for it too.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
Hey guys I need help with the UAV section! Can anyone tell me some good study hacks for it or where I can study for it? I totally bombed it when I took the ASTB a couple of weeks ago.
Search it up on Youtube. It explains how to do it with the compass that you can draw on scratch paper. To me, it was the easiest section on the whole test. You just have to get the hang of it.

exNavyOffRec

Well if you wrote the scores down in the normal order he doesn't qualify for SNFO only SNA and a 5 is not good.

I am not sure if he said something to you that made you mention it is only you and him that qualify in the area, but that statement made me wonder.

Well if you wrote the scores down in the normal order he doesn't qualify for SNFO only SNA and a 5 is not good.

I am not sure if he said something to you that made you mention it is only you and him that qualify in the area, but that statement made me wonder.
Well we kinda wanted to go together if possible lol unlikely as it is. What are the chances of being chosen at a 5?