• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

FlyingGamecock

Well we kinda wanted to go together if possible lol unlikely as it is. What are the chances of being chosen at a 5?
Yeah as mentioned above, 5 won’t do it. 7 on the PFAR is the minimum score for a okay chance. Even then, I’d say it’s a coin flip. But if I had a 7, I’d at least give it a shot on the first go around before retesting. An 8 makes for a solid chance.

There are spreadsheets around here with all of the applicants and their scores for the board. You can see what scores are competitive based on that

Yeah as mentioned above, 5 won’t do it. 7 on the PFAR is the minimum score for a okay chance. Even then, I’d say it’s a coin flip. But if I had a 7, I’d at least give it a shot on the first go around before retesting. An 8 makes for a solid chance.

There are spreadsheets around here with all of the applicants and their scores for the board. You can see what scores are competitive based on that
Oh well. Luckily my friend has intelligence officer as a backup; ironically his background and skills match that almost dead on

pedrofuego

I got a question. Is there a place where we can see the results of service selection for the last year? I found the list of what seems to be all the OCS boards, but I cant find the equivalent for ROTC. anyone got a link to a spreadsheet or something?

I just want to see how I stack up against all the ROTC guys who commissioned in the last couple years. For reference, I am a Mechanical Engineering major, 3.46 GPA, and got a 7/6/8 on the ASTB. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna stick with that and not retake it.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I got a question. Is there a place where we can see the results of service selection for the last year? I found the list of what seems to be all the OCS boards, but I cant find the equivalent for ROTC. anyone got a link to a spreadsheet or something?

I just want to see how I stack up against all the ROTC guys who commissioned in the last couple years. For reference, I am a Mechanical Engineering major, 3.46 GPA, and got a 7/6/8 on the ASTB. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna stick with that and not retake it.

I don't even think that information exists and even so, probably isn't public. You can ask your class/aviation advisor to see if he/she has anything valuable to help out.

exNavyOffRec

I know they publish that info for USNA but just who was selected so you don't know how many put in for SNA compared to how many were picked.

Try what @FormerRecruitingGuru said

LCatch

I have a lot of friends that picked up SNA with similar scores so your foot is definitely in the door (esp with your major and GPA). I haven't heard of a spreadsheet or anything like that.

And for my two cents on your situation:
I'm assuming you're a 2/C since you would've gotten your service assignment by now. You have the time to better your scores, so why wouldn't you retake? Study up, practice with the joystick a bit and get a score that lets you not even have to worry about how you stack up.

cjwinton01

SNA Applicant
I asked this question on the 31OCT22 thread since I already submitted my package for this board. But what is the general consensus on a 61 5/7/7 for SNA? is it enough to counteract a 3.0 non-tech degree and will my laughably small amount of flight ours(90) save me? It’s my second attempt but if I don’t get pro rec this time around should I retake? any advice would be appreciated.

Dboom85

Banned
I asked this question on the 31OCT22 thread since I already submitted my package for this board. But what is the general consensus on a 61 5/7/7 for SNA? is it enough to counteract a 3.0 non-tech degree and will my laughably small amount of flight ours(90) save me? It’s my second attempt but if I don’t get pro rec this time around should I retake? any advice would be appreciated.
You have to make that determination yourself and figure out what you’re comfortable with. You can check previous board data on @Mouselovr s profile

Last edited:

thebigguy

Hello everyone, took the ASTB for the first time and got a 61 8/7/8. I am a Marine PLC applicant, so I am pretty happy with these scores. Shoutout to the ASTB Prep App, the Jantzen Simulator, as well as Kyle's Drive. The only thing I wish I would have studied more was FAA procedures since I had a couple of those questions on my ANIT. I am in Aerospace Engineering so I had a basic foundation of aviation knowledge, but the above 3 resources really helped out. Thanks everyone for their help in this forum!

cgoss99

ProRec SNA
Just took the ASTB for the first time and got a 65 7/5/5. How competitive is this score?
5s aren’t great, it’s more than likely going to take more than that to get selected, especially if you’re trying for SNA. Check out some of the last forums and spreadsheets lurking on the site and see where you stack up to others.

Firelife12

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I have not taken the ASTB yet, but would like some guidance and other helpful pointers about prep books or study guides.
SWO is the route I am aiming to pursue.

Thank you,

These are my stats:

EDU: UCLA
Degree: Biology B.S.
GPA: 2.89
Applying SWO