• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

user9876

No you dont, but you should be actively working out. While waiting for your ship date you may do COP(commissioning officer program), which for my group is a monthly meeting where we go through the PRT and they track our progress. Its pretty relaxed and fun to hang out with everyone.

If you need workout ideas, it was recommended to me by a recent grad to do HIITS.
I am actively working out just thought it was weird that I started my packet 4 months ago and it had never been brought up until I asked my recruiter today if I had to take one and he said yes but thanks for the insight!

Jae.brown

I am actively working out just thought it was weird that I started my packet 4 months ago and it had never been brought up until I asked my recruiter today if I had to take one and he said yes but thanks for the insight!
Your first official PRT won't be until you get to Newport, but a lot of recruiters like to make sure you're actively working out and seeing how far your progress is. Like if you can only do 10 pushups and plank for 1 minute... they're gonna wanna see some progress before they ship you.

Briannacaoili

Naval Reactors Engineer, OAR Tutor
Hey guys, so I'm not amazing at math, but hopefully by the time my test date comes (June 20th) I should be decent. So for people who feel they did good on the math portion of the test, if you remember, what were some of the hardest problem types you came across? Would the 100+ questions, Peterson tests, and Barron's math tests be enough for me? Or should I find other resources. I appreciate any help, thank you!!
It sounds like you may have already gotten your answer, but I just want to point something out. If you don't feel strong in your math, you should be focusing on the fundamentals and the types of problems you've already seen in these study guides, not on the most difficult problems that others have seen. Unless you significantly improve before taking the test, you likely won't see many (or any) problems with matrices or logarithms, so you shouldn't waste too much time on them.

RobertE

Full Send
On the ASTB I received :
OAR 49
AQR 5
PFAR 6
FOFAR 5

I have a 3.5 GPA in accounting should this be competitive for SNA?
The OAR is okayish but if it was me i would give it another try. What did your recruiter say? I would shoot for at least 6 for the AQR,PFAR,FOFAR because those are the ones they care about. GPA Is good!

villo0692

On the ASTB I received :
OAR 49
AQR 5
PFAR 6
FOFAR 5

I have a 3.5 GPA in accounting should this be competitive for SNA?
yeah man like someone said already....your scores are above the min, but typically, to be competitive you'd need 7s or more.....given that you need to wait to retake the ASTB, I'd say apply, KEEP STUDYING, and then if you don't get picked up, retake it and then reapply....doing it this way avoids this 6 month wait period you would normally wait before re applying in case of getting a rejection.

you could....still be picked up with your current scores.....people have gotten picked with mins before...is just rare

Darkenergy34

The OAR is okayish but if it was me i would give it another try. What did your recruiter say? I would shoot for at least 6 for the AQR,PFAR,FOFAR because those are the ones they care about. GPA Is good!

It was my last try, studied for about a month but the test kept restarting/stalling due to an update. and ended up lower scores then second try.
Recruiter said to try but didn't give an indication to chances. It was also noted that I couldn't take it a fourth time although the test was bugged and caused scores to be lowered.

RobertE

Full Send
It was my last try, studied for about a month but the test kept restarting/stalling due to an update. and ended up lower scores then second try.
Recruiter said to try but didn't give an indication to chances. It was also noted that I couldn't take it a fourth time although the test was bugged and caused scores to be lowered.
Yikes thats really shitty. Im sorry man :(. Send your package in anyway. You could get NFO

GMWS10

hi i was wondering if anyone knows online resources to practice the reading section of the OAR and any tips for that section?

exNavyOffRec

The test restarting or glitching would not cause scores to be lower, when the test system "crashes" the time in test stops, and it is all based on how you answer as it is an adaptive test so it is not about how many questions you answer it is all about how you answer them.

chunkylver99

It sounds like you may have already gotten your answer, but I just want to point something out. If you don't feel strong in your math, you should be focusing on the fundamentals and the types of problems you've already seen in these study guides, not on the most difficult problems that others have seen. Unless you significantly improve before taking the test, you likely won't see many (or any) problems with matrices or logarithms, so you shouldn't waste too much time on them.
I appreciate your insight and honestly that makes a lot more sense than simply just doing the difficult problems. Thanks!

GMWS10

hi, i plan to take my OAR in couple days, I have been going through the gouges and study guides on this thread, I would appreciate any last minute advice, suggestions, anything that can help me do well. thank you!!!