• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

etreddies31

I'm applying for SWO and NFO. I think I'm mostly nervous and anxious because I really want to get in as soon as possible, and to make it for the Nov13 board I have to get really good scores the first time around. I'm also nervous about MEPS and my references getting their papers in to my recruiter on time/early enough. I just hope everything goes smoothly.

No kidding. There is a lot of requirements that need to be fulfilled in order to live the lifestyle of a Navy Officer. It seems like everything must come together just to get looked at by the board. But hopefully if everything goes well we shall be in Newport, RI in no time! Good luck to you! Happy studying! haha :cool:

JCD

Quick update, I took the full test today and they explained that you must wait 90 days between the 1st and 2nd test now, as well as between the 2nd and 3rd, if you are in a situation where you would like to retake it.

Hey everybody. I'm new here, so please forgive me for asking a question rather than providing gouge for my first post. I was just looking to confirm what DDE1990 had posted last month. Was anybody else told they would have to wait 90 days instead of 30 if they wished to retest? Not sure if this is something new or it was just a one-off. The reason I ask is because I'd like to submit a package for Intel on 26 October, and I'll only have a little more than 30 days if I'm not satisfied with the results of the ASTB I'll take in two weeks. Thanks!

courtliz

Hey everybody. I'm new here, so please forgive me for asking a question rather than providing gouge for my first post. I was just looking to confirm what DDE1990 had posted last month. Was anybody else told they would have to wait 90 days instead of 30 if they wished to retest? Not sure if this is something new or it was just a one-off. The reason I ask is because I'd like to submit a package for Intel on 26 October, and I'll only have a little more than 30 days if I'm not satisfied with the results of the ASTB I'll take in two weeks. Thanks!
My recruiter told me that it changed to 90 days just recently - like within the last couple months recent.

JCD

Courtliz, thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'll have to reschedule the ASTB for a later date to give myself the best possible shot at this thing.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My recruiter told me that it changed to 90 days just recently - like within the last couple months recent.
It may be a local recruiter policy. The NOMI re-test policy states 31 days.

NOMI Retest Policy said:
Examinees that would like to improve their scores on the ASTB must wait until the 31st day following their initial attempt before attempting a different version of the test. For example, an individual that takes Form 3 during his or her first administration must take Form 4 or Form 5 during his or her second testing session. A third and final attempt at Form 3, 4, or 5 is authorized on the 91st day following the first retest. These test interval requirements cannot be waived, so it is important that examinees are aware of the forms taken during previous administrations and the amount of time that has passed between administrations. If you are unsure of your test date or form number, please talk to your recruiter or contact the NMOTC Operational Psychology Department (850-452-2379 or 850-452-2435, NOMI-ASTB@med.navy.mil).

Navy Ship

Recently there has been talk about a change from Forms 3,4,5 to Forms 6,7. Not all testing sites have made the change yet, if any. If you took Forms 3,4,5 then its 30 days between your 1st and 2nd try and 90 days between your 2nd and 3rd try. Which form did you take?

JCD

Recently there has been talk about a change from Forms 3,4,5 to Forms 6,7. Not all testing sites have made the change yet, if any. If you took Forms 3,4,5 then its 30 days between your 1st and 2nd try and 90 days between your 2nd and 3rd try. Which form did you take?

I haven't taken the ASTB yet, but I'm scheduled to take it on the 16th of this month. Just waiting to hear back from my OR to see if it's 30 days or 90 days to retake the test.

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
Courtliz, thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'll have to reschedule the ASTB for a later date to give myself the best possible shot at this thing.
Whatever you decide to do with your test date(s), understand that you don't want to be in a position of waiting on any one piece of your application until the last week before the submission deadline. My OR wanted to allow at least a week, if not two, for the processor to review for any errors or omissions so that we could correct those in time to meet the deadline.

If you focus the energy you would have spent worrying about your retest scheduling on studying and getting an awesome score on your first try, this will be a moot point anyways!

Hey all,

I took the test about 3 weeks ago and scored a 4/4/4/47. I'm retaking it here in about two weeks and I'm really hoping to blow it out of the water. I'm going for NA or NFO, but gunna put SWO down, too. Getting a naval commission is my biggest dream. I come from a long line of military family members, but only enlisted, all he way from my dad getting out as an E3 to my uncle making it to CMC. I will be the first in my family should I receive one. Right now i'm a AWF3 in the reserves, and I like it, but I want to be the best I can be. I have to score exceptionally well this next time around because I have an underage and disorderly conduct on my record, and my GPA is only a 2.7. But I know it's still possible, so I'm hopeful. Anyway, enough about me.

My experience - None of the Peteterson's Mastering the officer tests or practice ASTB tests or anything was comparable to this test. None of the math was similar, and neither was any of the mechanical. The spacial aperception section wasn't too difficult, but WAY harder than the practice ones.

My biggest setback was the math and some aviation stuff. Being in the aviation field I know a little bit, but I didn't know anything about airports, runways, etc. I also didn't know the different wing types. Now I've got a 10000000 card stack of flash cards for terms and such that i've gathered from various sections of Air Warriors, and I'm really optimistic about this next test. I'll post back in a couple weeks with my latest results!

zarevich

I just took my ASTB test, paper version, the instructor said to retake the test you have to wait 31 days and after the second try is 91 days for the final third time.
I took form 4 paper version, i think
-Math was pretty easy,
-Reading was a little hard for me since English is my third language,
-Mechanical pretty easy,
-Spatial was easy but not enough time,
-Nautical was very hard for me, got to study more for that,
-Aviation Supple was all right.
I Studied probably for a week, will retake it when i come back from deployment so i have 3 month to study, should be enough.
Will post grades when i get them!
Thanks AW for great GOUGES! really helped even with 1 week of going over them.

zarevich

I just took my ASTB today and they told me IF I wanted to retest it was 31 days; if you want to take it a third time it's 90. No need to retake it tho, got a 66. HOOYAH!
damn already got a score the same day? i was unlucky to take paper test, will probably have to wait a month or so haha

zarevich

yeah 66 is a nice score, approximately <100 people get those scores each year. You have a good chance of making it if the rest of the package is good to go,