• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

TnSig

SNA
Does anyone know how long test scores are good for? For example, what if someone used all three of their attempts to improve their scores, but still aren't selected? Would their last test score still be valid even if they reapplied 5 years down the road?

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Scores are good for life. If you took it 3x your done. What where your scores and what are you going for?

TnSig

SNA
Scores are good for life. If you took it 3x your done. What where your scores and what are you going for?

No scores to report yet. Just trying to plan for the future "just in case," although hopefully that won't be necessary. I'm taking it for the first time on September 19th. I'm going for SNA, SNFO, and IW. 24/m non-prior with a 3.45 gpa in a non-technical major.

TnSig

SNA
That's what I'm gathering. I have been told by my recruiter that I have a "decent shot" as long as I pull decent ASTB scores.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Ya study but it's a aptitude test. Last SNA board had a 49% selection so shoot for 7's or better.

Adam Janot

Is there a main forum with previously used questions on the ASTB the test takers have posted? Or do I just need to dive deep into this thread looking for questions others may have asked?

Thanks for the help.

courtliz

Is anyone here currently studying and applying for the November 2013 boards? I'm studying my butt off, don't have a date for my test yet, and I'm super anxious and nervous about it. I feel like there is just so much information to know and go over and understand that it is a never ending study cycle.:confused:

etreddies31

Is anyone here currently studying and applying for the November 2013 boards? I'm studying my butt off, don't have a date for my test yet, and I'm super anxious and nervous about it. I feel like there is just so much information to know and go over and understand that it is a never ending study cycle.:confused:

Yeah. I'll be applying for the November 2013 board also. I took the ASTB last month. Yes there is a lot of information to study for, but with the right material and the dedication to study, you should be fine on the test. What are you applying for?

courtliz

Yeah. I'll be applying for the November 2013 board also. I took the ASTB last month. Yes there is a lot of information to study for, but with the right material and the dedication to study, you should be fine on the test. What are you applying for?

I'm applying for SWO and NFO. I think I'm mostly nervous and anxious because I really want to get in as soon as possible, and to make it for the Nov13 board I have to get really good scores the first time around. I'm also nervous about MEPS and my references getting their papers in to my recruiter on time/early enough. I just hope everything goes smoothly.

Navy Ship

Many times on this forum, I have seen that being in aviation involves constantly studying. So I guess we really should expect a never ending study cycle as wannabes.

courtliz

Many times on this forum, I have seen that being in aviation involves constantly studying. So I guess we really should expect a never ending study cycle as wannabes.
Lol I guess that's true. I mean, if I do get in, no matter what- the studying doesn't end here.

Navy Ship

Is there a main forum with previously used questions on the ASTB the test takers have posted? Or do I just need to dive deep into this thread looking for questions others may have asked?

Thanks for the help.

I'm guessing you mean thread. This is the thread dedicated to ASTB questions. If you go through all 93 pages, you'll see many questions here and there. I'm pretty sure there were pages on this thread that have been deleted though. Judging by the references to page number where the content being referred to didn't exist anymore.