• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

06JUL22, IWC PROBOARD

Isaiah.williams

What were your stats / anything you’ll be doing to boost your package for Nov?

Good
Sex: Male
Education: A.A. General Studies, B.S. Management Information Systems
GPA: 3.52
OAR: 47
Certs: Certified Project Officer, IT Fundamentals of Cyber Security

Overall my package was strong minus my OAR score. Appraisals from two CDRs, and two LCDRs. LORs from One CAPT, one CDR, one LCDR, and one LTJG.

I’m going to retake the OAR and network with more IWC Officers. After application submission, I earned five certs, completed a class towards a M.S. of Cybersecurity, and received an MOVSM so hopefully that helps.

Fingers crossed this go around. After the next board, I will no longer be eligible due to the TIS restrictions of the new PA.

Grenbot

Overall my package was strong minus my OAR score. Appraisals from two CDRs, and two LCDRs. LORs from One CAPT, one CDR, one LCDR, and one LTJG.

I’m going to retake the OAR and network with more IWC Officers. After application submission, I earned five certs, completed a class towards a M.S. of Cybersecurity, and received an MOVSM so hopefully that helps.

Fingers crossed this go around. After the next board, I will no longer be eligible due to the TIS restrictions of the new PA.
Have you been on the Facebook Mustangs group? There are a few IWC officers I was able to talk to through there and it was really helpful.

exNavyOffRec

The OAR is a check in the box, IP prefers hard tech degrees, your GPA is sitting at the average of who is normally selected, if you are in a IWC rate that could be a wild card that could help you and if you are than your application is average.

If your appraisals weren't all 10's I would work on that rather than the OAR.

Your application for most other designators such as SWO would be a very strong application, IWC just attracts a very high level of applicant.

Isaiah.williams

The OAR is a check in the box, IP prefers hard tech degrees, your GPA is sitting at the average of who is normally selected, if you are in a IWC rate that could be a wild card that could help you and if you are than your application is average.

If your appraisals weren't all 10's I would work on that rather than the OAR.

Your application for most other designators such as SWO would be a very strong application, IWC just attracts a very high level of applicant.
All appraisals were 10s. Unfortunately, I am not an IWC rate. Which makes it a little harder.

exNavyOffRec

still not a good way to think
It is just a fact, they have loosened up over the years as not being in an IWC rate was almost an automatic "N".

A person being in a IWC rate really helps if someone is going for IP or CW and doesn't have a tech degree and/or doesn't have a high GPA, that is when being in an IWC rate becomes the wildcard factor.

Villagepillage

For those who did not have TS before this, has anyones clearance been scheduled yet? I was told this needs to happen before I get cleared to ship for OCS.

RhodesReese

For those who did not have TS before this, has anyones clearance been scheduled yet? I was told this needs to happen before I get cleared to ship for OCS.
Did you contact FLTCYBER when you were selected to schedule your initial interview which is required before you get your FINSEL