• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

06JUL22, IWC PROBOARD

shwayyb

Hello all,

I'm a first-time fleet applicant for IP/1820. With submissions in I wanted to start a thread for the upcoming IWC board. I often refresh this forum to look out for any info or insight into IWC applicants and results! Hoping to hear from anyone going up or any spicy info for the board! Best of luck to all.

RhodesReese

CTN2,

I am a CTIC with very similar states like yours above and was selected last November. I head to OCS in September for IP.

Hit me up if you have any questions.

I do have one question though, out of curiosity, why IP vice 1810 Cryppie? You're still under the TIS limit.

shwayyb

CTN2,

I am a CTIC with very similar states like yours above and was selected last November. I head to OCS in September for IP.

Hit me up if you have any questions.

I do have one question though, out of curiosity, why IP vice 1810 Cryppie? You're still under the TIS limit.
Chief,

That's awesome to hear! Will definitely PM you.

As for your Q. My background stems from work in the DCO side of the house. Much of my experience and desire to commission into the community comes from my interactions with network owners and seeing the diverse state of DCO in much of the DoD community.

I feel that CWs are spread to thin across multiple disciplines, which I guess works towards the big picture Naval Officer but I wanted to invest myself into Naval communication networks and the cybersecurity community developing within the Navy.

Currently, I think the Navy relies too much on Joint efforts to support Cyber. I believe that if the Navy were to ever position an Officer designator into taking ownership of Maritime cyber security and Naval cyber offensive efforts, it would lie upon IPs that own and leverage our existing infrastructure networks. I'd definitely advocate for more CMF billets for IPs as it just makes more sense due to our lack of a Cybersecurity designator that our sister branches currently have.

shwayyb

Fleet sailor here as well. I also applied for IP/1820. I hope we both get picked up this June. I understand how nerve racking it can be, I feel the same. Good things are worth the wait.
Good luck to you! And I hope so as well! I didn't mind at first, but now with my package out of my hands the nerves are kicking in lol... It's gonna be a long 2-3 months! ?

Grenbot

Hey all! I also applied* to this board. Very hopeful.

*applied: my recruiter sent the package for the June 20 Intel board and when I asked about this one specifically he said it’s fine. Is it though?

Prior: E5 USMC, 2671 (arabling), 5yrs
Sex: Male
Education: A.A. Arabic, B.S. Mathematics, M.Sc. Applied Math, Ph.D Mathematics with a physics minor
GPA: 3.8
OAR: 64
No old evals available (Got out in ‘12)
No LORs
No Waivers
Former PltSgt, lots of classroom management experience. Basically a lot of experience doing what a lot of officers do: tons of deadlines and paperwork, making upper management happy, and ensuring students (enlisted) succeed

RhodesReese

What date did your recruiter submit your package ?

*applied: my recruiter sent the package for the June 20 Intel board and when I asked about this one specifically he said it’s fine. Is it though?

Education: A.A. Arabic, B.S. Mathematics, M.Sc. Applied Math, Ph.D Mathematics with a physics minor
No LORs
No Waivers
Former PltSgt, lots of classroom management experience. Basically a lot of experience doing what a lot of officers do: tons of deadlines and paperwork, making upper management happy, and ensuring students (enlisted) succeed

Grenbot

No LORs
No Waivers
Meant to add: I’m going for 1810

Mike691

Just received a PROREC-N for Pilot but also applied for CW/IP so Ill be waiting on results for this board as well! This is my first application and Im an active duty CTN2. Submitted my application back in april! Good luck to everyone and hopefully the results for this board dont take a month to get released like they did for aviation!??

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
What’s the estimate for results?
My board took 6 weeks (and it started 2 weeks late, so 8 total) and this board last year released the last week of July. 6 or 7 days would be super fast. One of my classmates was selected on the July board and went to OCS August 15th. So definitely start getting in shape now lol.