• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

06JUL22, IWC PROBOARD

cmvergara1

If you have any other questions let me know. I just went through the entire process and ship out in a few weeks.
I have a few questions if you don’t mind. You mentioned a pre clearance interview, is that the interview with the CO to know when you can leave? I’m assuming I get the FINSEL from the command? Will I send that letter to someone?

RhodesReese

If selected you’ll need to do a pre clearance interview with 10th FLT SSO.

Your CO will reply to an email stating when you can transfer. Hopefully you’ve had that discussion already with your CoC. If not request a sit down with the CO or go through your DH.

FINSEL letter will come from NRC once the above has been done and a date/class has been set. With the letter comes orders.

If selected you’ll need to do a pre clearance interview with 10th FLT SSO.

Your CO will reply to an email stating when you can transfer. Hopefully you’ve had that discussion already with your CoC. If not request a sit down with the CO or go through your DH.

FINSEL letter will come from NRC once the above has been done and a date/class has been set. With the letter comes orders.
Will an email actually come? I had to go to the link to see I had made it and my command did not even have access to the sharepoint.

Respectfully,

I got the official notice but apparently I'm SWO-IP, not IP ?

If you don't have an OCS date, apparently your CO/XO have to email Paul. You might need to call Paul beforehand.

CWO_change

If you don't have an OCS date, apparently your CO/XO have to email Paul. You might need to call Paul beforehand.

Congrats either way! For what it's worth, those SWO-IPs and SWO-CWs I know have all enjoyed their time as SWOs. The sooner you finish up your SWO qualification, the sooner you'll be able to execute you IP option.

Congrats either way! For what it's worth, those SWO-IPs and SWO-CWs I know have all enjoyed their time as SWOs. The sooner you finish up your SWO qualification, the sooner you'll be able to execute you IP option.
Thank you, sir. I hope that's soon. This sounds like a 6-7 year commitment
(Sorry, ignore me. I'm a downer.)
?

CWO_change

Thank you, sir. I hope that's soon. This sounds like a 6-7 year commitment
(Sorry, ignore me. I'm a downer.)
?

You're all good! You'll execute your IP option well before then! For context, just about all with options I've known have executed and transferred as LTJGs (generally within a year of putting on LTJG), though I knew one SWO-CW option who executed/transferred as an ENS to NIOC Hawaii. A lot comes down to how fast you get that SWO qualification. Look at it this way: you'll come into the IWC with way more fleet knowledge than the vast majority of your year group peers and already a proven warfare qualified officer, which can't be understated.

exNavyOffRec

I guess they didn't fill the SWO-IP spots from USNA, I have seen people put in for SWO-IP/CW and get straight IP/CW but not the other way around, I guess you are "lucky"?