• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Coriolanus

Pro-Rec SNA
Now I can make a mental note of, "How to NOT treat my enlisted personnel".
As cheesy as it sounds, that is the other reason I want to do this, since I would be an officer. I’m sure you have many examples as well, but the bad leadership I saw in the Air Force rubbed me the wrong way. Not that it was all bad, I had quite a few good leadership experiences as well. But the bad ones make me want to do things better. “Be the change you want to see” has been a guide for me since then.

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
Has anyone here been in contact with their recruiter recently? The rumors about aviation slots on the January 2021 board has me freaking out a little. Two people said they've heard that the SNA board is closed or that the Navy isn't accepting anymore SNAs. One person said that their OR said the board is still happening. I know it's just a rumor but I'm hoping this doesn't affect us.

My recruiter said he spoke to a Captain and assures me the board is still open. Not sure what is up. Seriously hoping my recruiter is right.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Has anyone here been in contact with their recruiter recently? The rumors about aviation slots on the January 2021 board has me freaking out a little. Two people said they've heard that the SNA board is closed or that the Navy isn't accepting anymore SNAs. One person said that their OR said the board is still happening. I know it's just a rumor but I'm hoping this doesn't affect us.
I think our board already happened by the time that information came out. The only people receiving that info are from the January board, no one has posted that here right? Relax :p

I wouldn't be worried about it. I think it's the Navy saying this November board had so many stellar candidates that the Navy doesn't need to recruit from the January board anymore. lol Actually, now that I think about it, I wonder if it's possible for them to meet a quota from one board where the next one isn't necessary. That may be good news for us if that's the case.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
For anyone not watching the 25 Jan forum:
Just got off the phone with the Community Manager for the Pilot and NFO designators. NO changes have been made thus far to any of the boards. If there were changes, he'd be one of the very first to know.
I think that sums it up.

Saukko

Hopeful Aviation Candidate
Finally heard back from my OR after I asked him some questions about selection, and it’s kind of funny actually.

He said that we’d hear from the board “In a few weeks, they’re running behind” which is ironic, considering it’s already happened. Wouldn’t put it past my LT to not have the info though, he almost made me miss this board date since he messed up and didn’t give me the right covid paperwork, so I had to go back a week later... but here I am so I’m lucky haha

Saukko

Hopeful Aviation Candidate
Finally heard back from my OR after I asked him some questions about selection, and it’s kind of funny actually.

He said that we’d hear from the board “In a few weeks, they’re running behind” which is ironic, considering it’s already happened. Wouldn’t put it past my LT to not have the info though, he almost made me miss this board date since he messed up and didn’t give me the right covid paperwork, so I had to go back a week later... but here I am so I’m lucky haha
I should clarify, go back to MEPS. They didn’t admit me the first time because of the incorrect papers