• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Interesting though completely useless theoretical tidbit I found: holding all things equal, you technically could have an microscopically tiny amount of lift generated with 0 AoA on symmetrical wings by virtue of fluid (air) being less dense on the top wing (less pressure) as there is incrementally a tinier portion of atmosphere pressing down.
Glad it helped.

That's funny. So technically if a wing is 6" deep it would have a difference of .0005" of Hg pressure from the top to bottom, which yeah would be a microscopic effect on lift lol! A small boost to the creation of lift, however small. That is an interesting concept, typically very large wings produce more lift, which would be aided by the higher pressure differences between the top and bottom at the cost of additional drag. That's somewhat fascinating to think about with wing design through history, something they probably never though about.

Coriolanus

Pro-Rec SNA
The professional board doesn't see anything medical.
Oh wait then. So it’s possible to get a pro rec and have a binder full of waivers and what not? As in they can pro rec you if you ultimately have no chance of getting in Due to vision or something else big?

I guess I’m confused on the actual selection process.

exNavyOffRec

Oh wait then. So it’s possible to get a pro rec and have a binder full of waivers and what not? As in they can pro rec you if you ultimately have no chance of getting in Due to vision or something else big?

I guess I’m confused on the actual selection process.

before the board N3M has to give a PQ letter which means based on the medical info they have rec'd they have a belief that you meet the physical requirements for the designator you are going for.

Coriolanus

Pro-Rec SNA
before the board N3M has to give a PQ letter which means based on the medical info they have rec'd they have a belief that you meet the physical requirements for the designator you are going for.
That clears it up thank you. I have a document explaining the process somewhere but I couldn’t find it.

it makes me even more curious when high scores don’t make it and some very low scores do.

BDavis11

Contributor
Quick question for the prior service guys that are AD. How did you submit your transcripts? I ordered mine and had them sent to me. Can I add them to my package like that or do i need to take them to the ESO to "verify" them?

jonesy27

Quick question for the prior service guys that are AD. How did you submit your transcripts? I ordered mine and had them sent to me. Can I add them to my package like that or do i need to take them to the ESO to "verify" them?
Your admin Department should have someone with a stamp along the lines of "certified true copy", with a line underneath where your certified persons signs. All the packages I used for templates (all confirmed Pro-Y) had that or something along those lines. As a note though, if you admin isn't trusting you'll more than likely have to give them the sealed transcripts still in the envelope from your university.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
My OR requested official transcripts sent directly to him.

BDavis11

Contributor
Your admin Department should have someone with a stamp along the lines of "certified true copy", with a line underneath where your certified persons signs. All the packages I used for templates (all confirmed Pro-Y) had that or something along those lines. As a note though, if you admin isn't trusting you'll more than likely have to give them the sealed transcripts still in the envelope from your university.
Thank you! I will just take the unopened envelope to them when it arrives.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Im active duty so I don't have an OR and the whole process is slightly different.
Gotcha, I've been through the process on the AD side and now civilian side. My comment was more to mean that there needed to be an official process like exNavyOfficerRec and Jonesy27 have stated for certifying the transcripts authenticity. I just avoided that potential problem by having my transcripts addressed to specific individuals in my chain of command, and now the OR. ?

BDavis11

Contributor
Gotcha, I've been through the process on the AD side and now civilian side. My comment was more to mean that there needed to be an official process like exNavyOfficerRec and Jonesy27 have stated for certifying the transcripts authenticity. I just avoided that potential problem by having my transcripts addressed to specific individuals in my chain of command, and now the OR. ?
Oh i gotcha. Yea i knew it had to be something. I appreciate the feedback.