• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

donkeh

Ive heard about online courses which somehow calculate into our overall OCS academics grade, we'll get pt once or twice a day, I think one at 6am and an afternoon pt session probably M-F. Other than that I've heard people are getting really bored so bring something to occupy yourself.

I plan on making that time my pushup and appendix B time if I don't have it down before I leave.
You will PT twice a day every day (weather permitting). If you can't PT on the field, you'll either PT in an indoor gym or in your room. PT isn't until about 7 AM and it depends on the day and when facilities are available. Reveille at 5 AM everyday. Yes, you will be bored and hungry if you don't bring a personal device and snacks. Use the time to study Appendix B and indulge in some TV or YouTube while you still can. Lights out 10 PM.

Rinse and repeat. You'll take a mock IST in the second week so you can get an idea how you'll do on the real IST. They'll slowly start teaching you more and more OCS procedures as the days go by to help you prepare for indoc phase. Besides that, its pretty chill.

Elbandito

You will PT twice a day every day (weather permitting). If you can't PT on the field, you'll either PT in an indoor gym or in your room. PT isn't until about 7 AM and it depends on the day and when facilities are available. Reveille at 5 AM everyday. Yes, you will be bored and hungry if you don't bring a personal device and snacks. Use the time to study Appendix B and indulge in some TV or YouTube while you still can. Lights out 10 PM.

Rinse and repeat. You'll take a mock IST in the second week so you can get an idea how you'll do on the real IST. They'll slowly start teaching you more and more OCS procedures as the days go by to help you prepare for indoc phase. Besides that, its pretty chill.

Can you define personal device, phone? Nintendo switch?

donkeh

Can you define personal device, phone? Nintendo switch?
Phone, laptop, tablet. I have not seen or heard anyone bring their switch, but you technically could if you wanted to. I'd only tell you to bring it if you really got your Bravo down. You'll have to put it in your lucky bag and lock it away when you actually start OCS and won't get it back until graduation.

Ghost SWO

Contributor

That doesn't sound too bad. Couldn't you do a mock IST at any one of those PT sessions or are they structured?

donkeh

That doesn't sound too bad. Couldn't you do a mock IST at any one of those PT sessions or are they structured?
Most PT's sessions are free PT so you could do one almost any day. But the scheduled mock IST takes you through exactly how the IST and each PFA will go so you know exactly what's going on and what they want you to do during the test. Solo PT is nice though and when the weather its nice, it's a blessing to be outside and you see a lot of people take it easy and just study bravo/get to know each other for most of the time.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Most PT's sessions are free PT so you could do one almost any day. But the scheduled mock IST takes you through exactly how the IST and each PFA will go so you know exactly what's going on and what they want you to do during the test. Solo PT is nice though and when the weather its nice, it's a blessing to be outside and you see a lot of people take it easy and just study bravo/get to know each other for most of the time.
Right on.

Do you check into ROM at Callaghan Hall the same as you would if ROM didn't exist for checking in to OCS?

donkeh

Right on.

Do you check into ROM at Callaghan Hall the same as you would if ROM didn't exist for checking in to OCS?
No, everyone checks into Nimitz Hall the Sunday 2 weeks before your official start date. You'll spend your entire quarantine on the 3rd floor of Nimitz. We will most likely stay in here for indoc as well, even the same room for the first week.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
No, everyone checks into Nimitz Hall the Sunday 2 weeks before your official start date. You'll spend your entire quarantine on the 3rd floor of Nimitz. We will most likely stay in here for indoc as well, even the same room for the first week.
Sweet, thanks for the info.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
OCS candidate received a NAM for performing the Heimlich on a choking student!

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor

I saw that, isn't that not crazy! Guess if you are going to have any issue...; I would want it to be around America's greatest Son's and Daughter's

Coriolanus

Pro-Rec SNA

I wish CPR / choking removal was a mandatory course to learn every year in high school or something along those lines. It’s so simple to learn yet is powerful enough to save a life.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I wish CPR / choking removal was a mandatory course to learn every year in high school or something along those lines. It’s so simple to learn yet is powerful enough to save a life.
Right? You would think that would be a basic part of going through life. I for one wasn't taught that in "Health" class... I think the first time I learned it was USAF Basic Training... and was then certified at my first assignment.