• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I am pretty sure now they have more common sense, in the past it was not like that, if a person was age critical and if they had something delay their OCS date they would get dropped if they would be past the max age, or if a person did get rolled in OCS and they would go over the max age they would either redesignate or go home.

later on if there was an issue they would just go with it realizing sometimes shit happens.
That's good to know, some people get one shot at a date and if you roll once you would burn that quota. So it sounds like if you plan to commission before 32 and arrive at OCS on time but something holds you back in OCS they dont hold it against you now?

Looks like I'll be in the one shot date category as well unless something changes in the next two weeks. Hopefully I get in this next class... I know some people get some quick turn around but not gunna lie it makes me nervous looking at zero available seats for the next class date.

exNavyOffRec

That's good to know, some people get one shot at a date and if you roll once you would burn that quota. So it sounds like if you plan to commission before 32 and arrive at OCS on time but something holds you back in OCS they dont hold it against you now?

Looks like I'll be in the one shot date category as well unless something changes in the next two weeks. Hopefully I get in this next class... I know some people get some quick turn around but not gunna lie it makes me nervous looking at zero available seats for the next class date.
as long as you can get in OCS early enough that the planned grad date is before the max age you should be good.

amclouth

Dang, are you putting in for an age waiver now or did you have one already? I don't have an age waiver so now I'm finding out I think I need to leave ASAP. I thought I had some time but I don't think I do.

Were they talking about being accepted for a waiver or into OCS? I think if you have an age waiver already there's no issue there.

I had a thought today if someone left on time but got pushed back 6 weeks in OCS for an injury, I doubt they would say, "well you turned 32, gotta kick you out now"?
I was in the same boat of having time until 32, but all the delays I’d be over and the civilian processor for AD said I still needed a waiver. It was super quick to get one, with less than a week turnaround from sending it to getting it approved.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I was in the same boat of having time until 32, but all the delays I’d be over and the civilian processor for AD said I still needed a waiver. It was super quick to get one, with less than a week turnaround from sending it to getting it approved.
Good to know, so you applied for a waiver after selection?

jpham89

ProRec Y SNFO
Contributor

You’re super lucky! Mine took a few weeks for the age waiver to go through! This was the reason why my package never made it to the board on time ? /queue world’s smallest violin/

jpham89

ProRec Y SNFO
Contributor
Dang, are you putting in for an age waiver now or did you have one already? I don't have an age waiver so now I'm finding out I think I need to leave ASAP. I thought I had some time but I don't think I do.

Were they talking about being accepted for a waiver or into OCS? I think if you have an age waiver already there's no issue there.

I had a thought today if someone left on time but got pushed back 6 weeks in OCS for an injury, I doubt they would say, "well you turned 32, gotta kick you out now"?

My recruiter suggested that I apply for one even when I was a few months away as a precaution. The waiver was for OCS/SNA/NFO. Still a bit nerve wrecking though because I don’t know how lenient they are with it.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
My recruiter suggested that I apply for one even when I was a few months away as a precaution. The waiver was for OCS/SNA/NFO. Still a bit nerve wrecking though because I don’t know how lenient they are with it.
Yeah I figured they needed the waiver before the board. I don't know if they would do a waiver after. We never applied for one, and I dont know why, furthermore, I dont know why my OR wasn't tracking the OCS dates I needed to attend to get me to OCS on time.

I just happened to run into that information yesterday on my own about needing to commission before 32 and started digging around. It sucks because I'm a proactive person and it puts me in a bind where things are just out of my control now. I could have been getting things ready weeks ago...

amclouth

Good to know, so you applied for a waiver after selection?
Yeah, once I saw the projected date of FY-22 I reached out to CNRC to see if a waiver was required even though I was already selected and they said yes because the selection board results don’t supersede the PA.

amclouth

You’re super lucky! Mine took a few weeks for the age waiver to go through! This was the reason why my package never made it to the board on time ? /queue world’s smallest violin/
The civilian processor for AD is notoriously slow to respond and not give clear answers over email, so my CO sent the request on my behalf because he was annoyed with waiting a few days for an email back, so I’m sure that helped.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Yeah, once I saw the projected date of FY-22 I reached out to CNRC to see if a waiver was required even though I was already selected and they said yes because the selection board results don’t supersede the PA.
Just to clarify it sounds like you're going the waiver route and keeping the original date versus going early as an age critical candidate?

amclouth

Just to clarify it sounds like you're going the waiver route and keeping the original date versus going early as an age critical candidate?
Correct, I went with an age waiver because it’s harder for AD to leave quickly if they’re are in a critical and undermanned billet. Plus, I’d rather go in the spring or summer instead of the winter.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Correct, I went with an age waiver because it’s harder for AD to leave quickly if they’re are in a critical and undermanned billet. Plus, I’d rather go in the spring or summer instead of the winter.
Ah I see, thanks for the info! Yeah I'm with you there on the summer months. I was at basic with the USAF from March to May and it was nice.

donkeh

Is there anyone here who has access to OCS class rosters and I could PM to check class rosters for my name?
Just trying to get an idea of when I may be shipping out and when I can look forward to putting in my 2 weeks at the Home Depot. I'd greatly appreciate the help!

Snack Attack

Snack Attack
Contributor
Is there anyone here who has access to OCS class rosters and I could PM to check class rosters for my name?
Just trying to get an idea of when I may be shipping out and when I can look forward to putting in my 2 weeks at the Home Depot. I'd greatly appreciate the help!

From Home Depot to serving as an SNA in the World's greatest Navy, SO excited for you. Hope I get in too! Such a huge leap & huge opportunity for all of us.

bigbird

Biggest Bird
From Home Depot to serving as an SNA in the World's greatest Navy, SO excited for you. Hope I get in too! Such a huge leap & huge opportunity for all of us.
Lol I totally agree! I stock shelves as a produce clerk at a local grocery store. They don’t need rocket scientists I guess like I originally thought, they just need someone moldable that can physically and mentally handle the stress! I’m honestly shocked looking back at it now, how working at a grocery store got me here lol.

Last edited: