• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Ghost SWO

Contributor
thanks so much! My recruiter told me I am on the quick ship list, but if these many dates are open with that many spots, why haven't dates been moved up for me? I am not sure of how that works.
What is a quick ship list?

I was asking about vacancies because I'm age critical and am in a position where my OR said to let them know when I'd like for them to submit the OCS date request. The (NRC) will give you the next available class date, but this is all for age critical people.

As for the reduced class sizes, from what I see they're normal size now and I don't know when that changed.

For the openness of the dates, people need to be slotted for a date when results are released but I don't know if that's a 1:1 thing of being scheduled officially. Perhaps they wait to schedule them in the class because of people who need to be shuffled around?

Last edited:

johnnybgood83

What is a quick ship list?

I was asking about vacancies because I'm age critical and am in a position where my OR said to let them know when I'd like for them to submit the OCS date request. The (NRC) will give you the next available class date, but this is all for age critical people.

As for the reduced class sizes, from what I see they're normal size now and I don't know when that changed.

For the openness of the dates, people need to be slotted for a date when results are released but I don't know if that's a 1:1 thing of being scheduled officially. Perhaps they wait to schedule them in the class because of people who need to be shuffled around?
My recruiter said its just a waiting list for people that can leave in a few days notice. For people that get sick or what not and cant make their OCS dates. That's what I was told at least. I am not sure if its a real thing lol.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
My recruiter said its just a waiting list for people that can leave in a few days notice. For people that get sick or what not and cant make their OCS dates. That's what I was told at least. I am not sure if its a real thing lol.
That's interesting... Could be, hadn't heard of it before. I see sometimes people will get a 5 day notice before they ship to quarantine (ROM) so something like that is going on to some degree. That happened to someone last week, they found out on Monday the 4th that they were leaving for the January 9th ROM. That's a quick turnaround lol.

johnnybgood83

Just because I'm strangely curious, I watched an OCS graduation video just to count up the candidates in different designators. In case you're interested in useless stats like I am:

SNA: 25
NFO: 9
SWO: 28
Other: 14
(Special Warfare, Intel, Supply, Nuc etc...)
Total: 76
So it sounds like the classes are back to full capacity?

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Anyone have official Navy documents stating you need to commission before 32, or if you could point me to this. I was under the impression that you simply had to begin OCS prior to 32.

jpham89

ProRec Y SNFO
Contributor
Anyone have official Navy documents stating you need to commission before 32, or if you could point me to this. I was under the impression that you simply had to begin OCS prior to 32.

So you and I are in the same boat it seems. I turn 32 next month but per my recruiter, he states that as long as you have an age waiver and it was approved, he doesn’t think there should be any reason why we wouldn’t be accepted if age was the sole factor. I’m taking that with a grain of salt but we’ll see what happens!

Ghost SWO

Contributor
So you and I are in the same boat it seems. I turn 32 next month but per my recruiter, he states that as long as you have an age waiver and it was approved, he doesn’t think there should be any reason why we wouldn’t be accepted if age was the sole factor. I’m taking that with a grain of salt but we’ll see what happens!
Dang, are you putting in for an age waiver now or did you have one already? I don't have an age waiver so now I'm finding out I think I need to leave ASAP. I thought I had some time but I don't think I do.

Were they talking about being accepted for a waiver or into OCS? I think if you have an age waiver already there's no issue there.

I had a thought today if someone left on time but got pushed back 6 weeks in OCS for an injury, I doubt they would say, "well you turned 32, gotta kick you out now"?

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

I had a thought today if someone left on time but got pushed back 6 weeks in OCS for an injury, I doubt they would say, "well you turned 32, gotta kick you out now"?

I am pretty sure now they have more common sense, in the past it was not like that, if a person was age critical and if they had something delay their OCS date they would get dropped if they would be past the max age, or if a person did get rolled in OCS and they would go over the max age they would either redesignate or go home.

later on if there was an issue they would just go with it realizing sometimes shit happens.