• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

NevarYalnal

Hello, since you guys be asking this, I was wondering, does anyone know how it works for someone who has a current active DoD secret clearance? I got it through my employer, but the reciprocity still stands....does the investigation still takes place? I am on the January board, not sure if this step is done before or after selection

it depends on the community. there was a case here where someone had their commission rescinded because their community did not deem them suitable even though they had an existing SCI https://www.airwarriors.com/community/threads/iwc-board-june-2020.47255/page-18#post-998923

not saying you're in the same boat but it can happen

villo0692

it depends on the community. there was a case here where someone had their commission rescinded because their community did not deem them suitable even though they had an existing SCI https://www.airwarriors.com/community/threads/iwc-board-june-2020.47255/page-18#post-998923

not saying you're in the same boat but it can happen
damn that's insane, I never knew conditions for eligibility could vary so much....given that it is a clearance for classified material at the Secret level, it probably would not be an issue, but it does make me think what would happen later on, come a couple years, if I go back into the military and at some point I am up for a job that requires a TS/SCI clearance....both NSA and the Navy fall under the DoD, which makes it even crazier....thanks for sharing this

Did you guys have to go through a security clearance investigation before requesting an earlier class date? My recruiter is telling me I have to go through that before I can even start asking for an earlier date, and seeing how there are quite a few that manage to get earlier dates I'm just wondering if it's something I can control to move even faster.
I did not have to either

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Did you guys have to go through a security clearance investigation before requesting an earlier class date? My recruiter is telling me I have to go through that before I can even start asking for an earlier date, and seeing how there are quite a few that manage to get earlier dates I'm just wondering if it's something I can control to move even faster.
The answer is technically yes since the security clearance investigation should have started before the board convened. That's why we fill out the NASIS information during the application process and provide finger prints when we go through MEPS.

I don't think receiving an earlier date would have anything to do with an investigation process that should have already started months ago. If your recruiter is saying that your investigation is taking longer than normal maybe that's why you can't just leave early. I'd imagine the people leaving early had their investigation completed as intended already.

Are you age critical?

madman111

SNA Pro-Rec Y
The answer is technically yes since the security clearance investigation should have started before the board convened. That's why we fill out the NASIS information during the application process and provide finger prints when we go through MEPS.

I don't think receiving an earlier date would have anything to do with an investigation process that should have already started months ago. If your recruiter is saying that your investigation is taking longer than normal maybe that's why you can't just leave early. I'd imagine the people leaving early had their investigation completed as intended already.

Are you age critical?

No, probably could be the case why it's taking longer

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Just wanted to update my AirWarriors family since my last post on here was non-select for Pilot/NFO. I found out today I was selected for AMDO so hopefully I see some of you at OCS!
Amazing news my man! Thanks for the update! Any news on your OCS class date?

Does anyone know the official address people can send letters to? I have a packet that has 291 Kollmeyer St. but I'm also seeing 1356 Meyerkord Avenue on netc.navy.mil at the bottom of the page. Thanks!