• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Hey everyone, just got through this whole thread and wanted to introduce myself. I submitted my package in September and got that sweet, sweet call from my recruiter a couple weeks ago. I don't have an OCS date yet, but I'm 31 (old in my opinion) so maybe I can ship out a little sooner than September. It has been very helpful reading what a lot of you have said, and I couldn't be more excited to get to Newport with you guys! Happy studying, and happy holidays!

Elbandito

Hey everyone, just got through this whole thread and wanted to introduce myself. I submitted my package in September and got that sweet, sweet call from my recruiter a couple weeks ago. I don't have an OCS date yet, but I'm 31 (old in my opinion) so maybe I can ship out a little sooner than September. It has been very helpful reading what a lot of you have said, and I couldn't be more excited to get to Newport with you guys! Happy studying, and happy holidays!
I feel this, what does a guy have to do to get an ocs date out here? Lol

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Were you able to update the Excel with your stats? If not what were your scores, prior service, degree, etc.?

Mntman

Contributor

Out of curiosity, how long did it take to read the whole thread?

andoesph

Is anyone able to check OCS class rosters to see If my name has populated. My Chain of Command hasn't seen anything but uncertain how to access the intranet at work.

DMM146

So I'm not sure how often it updates. I'll say the date, then # of empty seats for each class for men and women in that order.

date, #M, #F
03JAN, -2, 3
24JAN, 2, 0
14FEB, 2, 1
07MAR, 0,0
28MAR, 1, 14
18APR, 34, 18

And then it starts to go up a lot from there
This is super helpful! I’m peaking back at this Board from the January 25th Board. If you could either post some of the further dates or PM them to me it would be deeply appreciated. I know myself and I’m sure a lot of others in my Board would love to get an idea for when we could possibly be going if selected with all the rumors flying around. Thank you in advance ☺️

oadams2

Anyone having a working Chain of Command for OCS?
Apologies for the delay, but this is the CoC as it stands now. The more studying the better, but you’ll have it all memorized by the end of ROM. ROM can be a bummer, but it’s a huge head start on Indoc phase, so keep a good attitude about it and focus on gelling as a team before the real stuff starts!

1. Section leader: (changes daily)
  2. Class RDCs & DI: (depends on class)
  3. Assistant Class Officer: LT (depends on class)
  4. Class Officer: LT (depends on class)
  5. Chief Drill Instructor, OCS: MSGT Lee
  6. Leading Chief Petty Officer, OCS: Senior Chief Gladding
  7. Lead Class Officer, OCS: LT Swanson
  8. Deputy Director, OCS: LTCDR Hill
  9. Director, OCS: CDR Huffman
  10. Senior Enlisted Leader, Officer Training Command Newport (OTCN): Master Chief Tom Alex
  11. Executive Officer, OTCN: CDR Waisenan (sp?)
  12. Commanding Officer, OTCN: CAPT Hazenberg
  13. Commander, Naval Service Training Command: RADM Sands
  14. Commander, Naval Education & Training Command: RADM Garvin
  15. Chief of Naval Personnel: VADM Nowell
  16. Chief of Naval Operations: ADM Gilday
  17. Secretary of the Navy: Honorable Mr. Braithwaite
  18. Secretary of Defense: Honorable Mr. Miller
  19. President of the United States: Honorable Mr. Trump

PEFO Silver-Shades

Apologies for the delay, but this is the CoC as it stands now. The more studying the better, but you’ll have it all memorized by the end of ROM. ROM can be a bummer, but it’s a huge head start on Indoc phase, so keep a good attitude about it and focus on gelling as a team before the real stuff starts!

1. Section leader: (changes daily)
  2. Class RDCs & DI: (depends on class)
  3. Assistant Class Officer: LT (depends on class)
  4. Class Officer: LT (depends on class)
  5. Chief Drill Instructor, OCS: MSGT Lee
  6. Leading Chief Petty Officer, OCS: Senior Chief Gladding
  7. Lead Class Officer, OCS: LT Swanson
  8. Deputy Director, OCS: LTCDR Hill
  9. Director, OCS: CDR Huffman
  10. Senior Enlisted Leader, Officer Training Command Newport (OTCN): Master Chief Tom Alex
  11. Executive Officer, OTCN: CDR Waisenan (sp?)
  12. Commanding Officer, OTCN: CAPT Hazenberg
  13. Commander, Naval Service Training Command: RADM Sands
  14. Commander, Naval Education & Training Command: RADM Garvin
  15. Chief of Naval Personnel: VADM Nowell
  16. Chief of Naval Operations: ADM Gilday
  17. Secretary of the Navy: Honorable Mr. Braithwaite
  18. Secretary of Defense: Honorable Mr. Miller
  19. President of the United States: Honorable Mr. Trump
If you dont mind me asking, do they still conduct PT during ROM? just curious if they inability to stay physically active is going to affect the first PRT in OCS

oadams2

If you dont mind me asking, do they still conduct PT during ROM? just curious if they inability to stay physically active is going to affect the first PRT in OCS
Yep! PT at 0800 & 1300, chow around 0630, 1130 & 1630. Staying physically active won’t be a problem, but eating enough (especially protein) absolutely will be an issue. You can bring food and order stuff on Amazon, so I shipped myself a case of protein shakes.

PT is outside on the football field/track if the wind chill is over 20F and not raining, otherwise you’re in the gym (gymnasium, not weights). You will freeze with the constant wind off the water, especially when you’re standing in formation at the beginning/end of PT. It’s also a great time to get to know others in your class (100 people) company (50 people) and boat team (10 people), so even if you take rest days, PT is great.