• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

xcrunner18

This is super helpful! I’m peaking back at this Board from the January 25th Board. If you could either post some of the further dates or PM them to me it would be deeply appreciated. I know myself and I’m sure a lot of others in my Board would love to get an idea for when we could possibly be going if selected with all the rumors flying around. Thank you in advance ☺

I just checked it again, there are a couple spots still open on the next couple classes for men, none in March, and then it starts to open up a lot after that.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Apologies for the delay, but this is the CoC as it stands now. The more studying the better, but you’ll have it all memorized by the end of ROM. ROM can be a bummer, but it’s a huge head start on Indoc phase, so keep a good attitude about it and focus on gelling as a team before the real stuff starts!

Where is the quarantine/ROM physically located? Are you on NAS Newport? Sounds like a nice transition into OCS honestly, being able to meet classmates early and get some last minute dedicated fitness/study time in before jumping into OCS.

Hello everyone! First time here reading through the threads. I found out just a couple days ago that I will be apart of the January 24th class, so I leave this Saturday. Any last minutes advice on what to pack would be amazing. I've started to memorize CoC and code of conduct. Have you guys seen any thing in particular that's not on the packing list that I should bring along with me. Also, does anyone know during the first two weeks of ROM if we are supposed to bring enough clothes for those weeks, my recruiter didn't think we would be issued uniforms until the first day of OCS.

jonesy27

Hello everyone! First time here reading through the threads. I found out just a couple days ago that I will be apart of the January 24th class, so I leave this Saturday. Any last minutes advice on what to pack would be amazing. I've started to memorize CoC and code of conduct. Have you guys seen any thing in particular that's not on the packing list that I should bring along with me. Also, does anyone know during the first two weeks of ROM if we are supposed to bring enough clothes for those weeks, my recruiter didn't think we would be issued uniforms until the first day of OCS.
Are you by chance on a hardship waiver or age waiver? Also, did you get any forewarning, or did you get your class date and FINSEL letter on the same day from your recruiter? Just trying to see if there is any rhyme or reason as to why some people are getting moved forward.

Are you by chance on a hardship waiver or age waiver? Also, did you get any forewarning, or did you get your class date and FINSEL letter on the same day from your recruiter? Just trying to see if there is any rhyme or reason as to why some people are getting moved forward.
No waivers, I'm 23 just graduated college last spring. I found out I was selected the second week of December and then got a call from my recruiter on the 31st saying there was a last minute opening for this weekend and if I wanted it. My final paperwork hadn't gone through until the 30th so I received my FINSEL letter after he asked if I wanted to leave this week. In early December he put me on a list to call if there was any last minute spots that opened up, so that's why mine came so early as far as I know.

madman111

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Did you guys have to go through a security clearance investigation before requesting an earlier class date? My recruiter is telling me I have to go through that before I can even start asking for an earlier date, and seeing how there are quite a few that manage to get earlier dates I'm just wondering if it's something I can control to move even faster.

bigbird

Biggest Bird
Did you guys have to go through a security clearance investigation before requesting an earlier class date? My recruiter is telling me I have to go through that before I can even start asking for an earlier date, and seeing how there are quite a few that manage to get earlier dates I'm just wondering if it's something I can control to move even faster.
I did not.

Tracker95

my recruiter said the same thing, fingerprints only good for 6 months

villo0692

Hello, since you guys be asking this, I was wondering, does anyone know how it works for someone who has a current active DoD secret clearance? I got it through my employer, but the reciprocity still stands....does the investigation still takes place? I am on the January board, not sure if this step is done before or after selection

TheCoon

Just curious to hear what made you decide to go a different direction? another job opportunity ?

I didn’t want SNFO, at least not at this point. There was either a breakdown in communication or blatant disregard, and my OR put me down for SNFO. Something extraneous also could’ve happened - he said that for this board only, SNA rejects were automatically pushed to SNFO. Whatever the case, I was seen by the SNFO board but didn’t want to be.

I do feel bad for taking a spot from someone who would take SNFO, but at the end of the day, I thought it was clear I didn’t want that designator. OR wasn’t shocked I turned it down.

No job offer or anything, either. I’m working on an Air Contract with the Marine Corps now. I’m a bit more confident since GPA isn’t as valued, or so I’ve heard. I think that’s the big thing that held me back from an SNA slot.

Last edited: