• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

DylDozer

SNA PROREC-Y
Contributor
Im curious too, I'm living with family out of a storage unit and am curious if my wife and belongings will be officially moved after OCS, or if there's a possibility of going sooner to get on a military housing list.

NobleJ

SNA
Im curious too, I'm living with family out of a storage unit and am curious if my wife and belongings will be officially moved after OCS, or if there's a possibility of going sooner to get on a military housing list.
Oh wow. That is fierce, DylDozer. I just heard from a friend they send us on OHARP (recruiting duty) until we class up. But it isn’t clear if we PCS when we class up or not. From what he said, we can choose to OHARP anywhere we want. Since you have a family, you’ll be receiving BAH with dependents while at OCS (and throughout the rest of your military career.

LoLo

Clown
Random question: Does anyone know if all of appendix bravo of the OCR has to be memorized verbatim for RLP, or if the memorization is only for specific parts of appendix bravo?
Every single word in Appendix B should be memorized verbatim, and can be tested at any point during your Indoc Phase, not just RLP.
Keep in mind though that, as far as RLP goes—while everything is "testable", not everything will be tested given the time limit on the inspection itself; once the clock runs out, no more questions and/or IT-ing are allowed.

moreover (and consider this a personal nugget of wisdom), the sure-shot way to pass RLP with flying colors is to maintain Bearing, Intensity, Speed, Volume, and Confidence throughout the entire inspection.
If you can do that, while reciting knowledge verbatim and continue to push through the exercises, then you'll be just fine.

Anyone know if us SNAs are PCS’d after OCS to Pensacola? My husband and are trying to get a bit of an idea what to expect after I graduate in April.
I don't believe they are giving PCS (342) Orders out of OCS to anyone who is not on AD prior to receiving their orders to Newport.
For now though, while it is not set in stone, this is the very least that you can expect and plan for:

A. If you are a current Enlisted Member: You should receive (acc 342) orders to sponsor you and your family's move to Pensacola/Milton.

B. If you are a civilian, or prior-enlisted member not currently on Active Duty: You should receive (acc 341) orders to Pensacola, and will have to sponsor (pay) for your own relocation. After starting/completing NIFE at NAS Pensacola, you will then be given (acc 342) follow-on Orders to Milton or Corpus. These follow on orders will be what allow you to claim a refund for your initial move, or sponsor your move to your final duty station for Primary.

DylDozer

SNA PROREC-Y
Contributor
Oh wow. That is fierce, DylDozer. I just heard from a friend they send us on OHARP (recruiting duty) until we class up. But it isn’t clear if we PCS when we class up or not. From what he said, we can choose to OHARP anywhere we want. Since you have a family, you’ll be receiving BAH with dependents while at OCS (and throughout the rest of your military career.
Thank you so much for that info, I'll look into it a bit more.

exNavyOffRec

I don't know if going on OHARP currently is a good deal, most everything they would have the officers on OHARP do that would be fun isn't happening right now

NobleJ

SNA
I don't know if going on OHARP currently is a good deal, most everything they would have the officers on OHARP do that would be fun isn't happening right now
I hear you on that. It sounds like they are requiring us to do it. I chatted with a couple who recently made to do OHARP. They basically just did administrative work.

exNavyOffRec

I hear you on that. It sounds like they are requiring us to do it. I chatted with a couple who recently made to do OHARP. They basically just did administrative work.

each NRD will be different, some will have you check in twice a week and just hang out at home, some will have you come in each day, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, some will have you do work and then when the work is done you are off.

I have heard of a few NRD's that had their OHARP doing cold calls for hours a day to college seniors and getting leads for the OR's.

NobleJ

SNA
each NRD will be different, some will have you check in twice a week and just hang out at home, some will have you come in each day, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, some will have you do work and then when the work is done you are off.

I have heard of a few NRD's that had their OHARP doing cold calls for hours a day to college seniors and getting leads for the OR's.
Thanks for the heads up. Here is to hoping we get good gigs at the NRDs. Cold calling sounds a bit miserable, but I like connecting with people.

kdriscoll714

Aviation Candidate
Hey everyone, I just wanted to check back in because I've been quiet for a while. I got bumped up and shipped on the 20th. Right now we're in quarantine until class officially starts on Jan 03. I'll update my ship date in the spreadsheet.
I haven't checked on the recent messages in here so I don't know how much of this you already are aware of but just FYI when you show up and are put in ROM (Restriction of Movement, aka quarantine) you get to keep phones, computers, snacks, etc. Also PT twice a day is completely voluntary and unguided. Some online classwork to keep us busy and that's about it. Beyond that I have no idea what is to come.
Good luck everyone!

NobleJ

SNA
Hey everyone, I just wanted to check back in because I've been quiet for a while. I got bumped up and shipped on the 20th. Right now we're in quarantine until class officially starts on Jan 03. I'll update my ship date in the spreadsheet.
I haven't checked on the recent messages in here so I don't know how much of this you already are aware of but just FYI when you show up and are put in ROM (Restriction of Movement, aka quarantine) you get to keep phones, computers, snacks, etc. Also PT twice a day is completely voluntary and unguided. Some online classwork to keep us busy and that's about it. Beyond that I have no idea what is to come.
Good luck everyone!
Wow. My class starts 24JAN. 20JAN seems strange. Do you mean another month?