• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

02AUG2021 Pilot/NFO Board

Hokie2021

This is funny, aviation is the largest percentage of spots available for OCS, there are always people going to OCS that are in aviation, they are backed up but that doesn't mean aviation isn't a priority it just means there are people in aviation waiting in front of you.
@exNavyOffRec So given that the majority of OCS dates from the May board were between October and January, when could selectees from this board expect to see OCS dates? Would it pick up where the May board left off as in late January or February, or could OCS dates overlap with ones from the May board as in this fall?

luckynumbr27

@exNavyOffRec So given that the majority of OCS dates from the May board were between October and January, when could selectees from this board expect to see OCS dates? Would it pick up where the May board left off as in late January or February, or could OCS dates overlap with ones from the May board as in this fall?
I obviously don’t know for sure, but I think there could definitely be overlap. A number of guys from the May board got early Oct dates and that seemed to be the most common OCS date for selectees from the January board so I think the COVID backup is starting clear itself out. That’s my hope anyway.

exNavyOffRec

It is really too hard to estimate, they will be working to try and get things back to normal but it will take a little time. One thing to think about is that since they only commission a certain amount per year the issue will fix itself if they don't select for FY 23 too early.

kotn

It is really too hard to estimate, they will be working to try and get things back to normal but it will take a little time. One thing to think about is that since they only commission a certain amount per year the issue will fix itself if they don't select for FY 23 too early.

Looking at the previous board thread I saw that almost all the snfos had OCS dates this year in Sep, Oct, and Nov. Do you think they could do the same to nfos from this board and try to cram more into this year?

Bongle

My recruiter said that if selected in August (for SNA) I could ship out as early as January (after I graduate college in early Dec). Now, I have no idea what info this is based on, but he mentioned post-covid bottlenecks should be cleared by then. I will also point out that he told me this back in April so it could be outdated info.

exNavyOffRec

My recruiter said that if selected in August (for SNA) I could ship out as early as January (after I graduate college in early Dec). Now, I have no idea what info this is based on, but he mentioned post-covid bottlenecks should be cleared by then. I will also point out that he told me this back in April so it could be outdated info.

Possible, now in your situation it will depend on how fast the school gets your transcript finalized saying you have graduated because until NRC receives those transcripts they cannot process you for a FINSEL, often they will not even project you for a class.

Pre-Covid from finals to getting transcripts in hand to submit to NRC would vary from 2-4 weeks from completion of finals, I can tell you from family members that just graduated college in June (finals early June), and just last week they received notice everything was finalized.

RSPaviator

OCS does not compete with USNA or NROTC, if your OR is saying that I would question anything he is saying, NROTC does not go to OCS and has their own quotas, this is all in the manning document for the USN, it specifies how many for NROTC, USNA, and OCS. Now OCS is able to flex depending on if NROTC or USNA is short or a surplus since like any other program they plan for a certain amount of attrition.

To be blunt I think your OR is a fucking idiot to say what he said and you should get a new OR.
Question, I think I realized the confusion, not positive though, could he have meant flight school? Competing with USNA and ROTC for available spaces in flight school. Because, I could be wrong here hoping someone knows the answer, OCS dates should potentially be near your available dates for flight school, right?

exNavyOffRec

Question, I think I realized the confusion, not positive though, could he have meant flight school? Competing with USNA and ROTC for available spaces in flight school. Because, I could be wrong here hoping someone knows the answer, OCS dates should potentially be near your available dates for flight school, right?
That wouldn't make sense either, the next board that could possibly come into play would be April of next year.

Busey96

My recruiter doesn't seem to know that an at-board list exists. He's telling me that we won't know whether or not I'm being pushed to the next board until after results are released. Obviously this isn't accurate - how can I best explain to him that he should be able to view the at-board list?

CaptMorgan

My recruiter doesn't seem to know that an at-board list exists. He's telling me that we won't know whether or not I'm being pushed to the next board until after results are released. Obviously this isn't accurate - how can I best explain to him that he should be able to view the at-board list?
The at board list has already been posted here so you can just show him you're on the list

KnownForIt

Page 28 of this thread