• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

02AUG2021 Pilot/NFO Board

flatspinturkeyb

69 9/9/9 GPA: b4d
I say if you really want to be a pilot it would be worth trying again. I was physically DQed for SNA when I applied in May board so my package only got seen for NFO. Got pro-rec Y for NFO, and I was going to take it. However, I got surgery for my hearing, & waiver got approved and I got to submit for SNA in this board and also got a pro-rec Y for SNA. I’m glad I made the choice to submit my package again for August cause SNA was my first choice, but if I hadn’t qualified for SNA I would have been equally as stoked being an NFO.
At what point did you know you were physically DQed for SNA? Before it was at-board? During at-board but before ProRec? After ProRec?

Yokason

At what point did you know you were physically DQed for SNA? Before it was at-board? During at-board but before ProRec? After ProRec?

You'll be able to know if you're medically qualified or not after doing your medical package at your local meps. I don't believe you can send in a package without first clearing any medical waivers necessary, and you won't get any waiver for certain things like hearing, vision.

WannaFlyHigh

So what will happen in the coming weeks/months if you have a Pro-Rec Y? My recruiter called me around the end of the work day on Friday and honestly I didn’t have my questions prepared. How long will we have to accept? Also what’s the procedure to push your OCS date?

So I reached out to my recruiter and got a few answers (some of which are different than what others here heard).

1. He said that I have 2 weeks before my OCS Date to accept my OCS offer. So for me, 8 months. I feel like that sounds suspiciously lenient.
  2. To change your OCS date you need a legitimate reason. If you think you have one, reach out to recruiter ASAP so they can request a new date.
  3. Also in the near future will need to conduct an Initial Strength Test. He sent me paper work to fill out.
  4. He also asked me to update my NASIS/SF-86.

exNavyOffRec

So I reached out to my recruiter and got a few answers (some of which are different than what others here heard).

1. He said that I have 2 weeks before my OCS Date to accept my OCS offer. So for me, 8 months. I feel like that sounds suspiciously lenient.
  2. To change your OCS date you need a legitimate reason. If you think you have one, reach out to recruiter ASAP so they can request a new date.
  3. Also in the near future will need to conduct an Initial Strength Test. He sent me paper work to fill out.
There is paperwork that needs to be filled out in a timely manner to accept, I think he is talking about the swear in and FINSEL.

GodSpeed1997

What counts as legitimate reasons

kotn

That depends on who the director is, with one director it would be birth or death of immediate family otherwise it was "go when assigned or decline" others have been more flexible for instance milestone birthday for family member "uncle bob is turning 100".

How often do requests to go sooner to OCS work out? I have a trip planned next month but after that I feel like telling my recruiter I want to go asap. I don't mind waiting till next year and having a nice holiday season, but I just want to get this thing going.

edit: I understand it's probably a "it depends" answer. I assume it depends how many people decline or drop out of training. But I was wondering if there was anything else to consider before I put in the request.

McDonald95

How often do requests to go sooner to OCS work out? I have a trip planned next month but after that I feel like telling my recruiter I want to go asap. I don't mind waiting till next year and having a nice holiday season, but I just want to get this thing going.
Second this, I told my recruiter I'm good to go tomorrow basically.

exNavyOffRec

edit: I understand it's probably a "it depends" answer. I assume it depends how many people decline or drop out of training. But I was wondering if there was anything else to consider before I put in the request.
ask, and you may get a sooner date, there is nothing wrong with asking and to be honest from a recruiter standpoint the faster you are out of there the faster you are out of your recruiters hair.