• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

01AUG2022 SNA/SNFO Board

Welp. Took my first go last Friday. 57 7/6/6. Not awful but not competitive. Time to buy that X52 stick and throttle, and pray this board doesn't close as prematurely as the May Board did. Good luck everyone.

Last edited:

kgrooney2

I've been lurking on AirWarriors for a while now but I figured its time to post my scores because I'm close to submitting. I started this process back in November and I was hoping to have made it for the May board, but my medical waiver took a while to clear. I'm not super confident given my 6 PFAR, but my GPA and major might make up for it. I'm also only going into my junior year and have two more ASTB attempts. Additionally, I'll be applying for the BDCP program which the Navy restarted in March.
Applying SNA
ASTB: 66 8/6/6
GPA: 3.58 Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Double Major, Minor in Economics
LORS: Professor in Department, Former Boss, Nuke Ensign
Average Personal Statement, nothing special
Extracurriculars: Executive Officer for my fraternity (2 years), Coach of my University's Archery Club (2 years)
*going into senior year, not junior

space_sailor

Welp. Took my first go last Friday. 57 7/6/6. Not awful but not competitive. Time to buy that X52 stick and throttle, and pray this board doesn't close as prematurely as the May Board did. Good luck everyone.
I mean you could get picked up… it’s possible.
And then just retake the ASTB if you don’t and try for another board.

Only thing is I would assume after Top Gun 2 comes out, all boards after August are gunna jam packed with aviation hopefuls like us

exNavyOffRec

I've been lurking on AirWarriors for a while now but I figured its time to post my scores because I'm close to submitting. I started this process back in November and I was hoping to have made it for the May board, but my medical waiver took a while to clear. I'm not super confident given my 6 PFAR, but my GPA and major might make up for it. I'm also only going into my junior year and have two more ASTB attempts. Additionally, I'll be applying for the BDCP program which the Navy restarted in March.
Applying SNA
ASTB: 66 8/6/6
GPA: 3.58 Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Double Major, Minor in Economics
LORS: Professor in Department, Former Boss, Nuke Ensign
Average Personal Statement, nothing special
Extracurriculars: Executive Officer for my fraternity (2 years), Coach of my University's Archery Club (2 years)
GPA and major don't carry a lot of weight, a person with a 3.0 English degree and 8 PFAR would be picked over a 6 with any major.

Mouselovr

Contributor
Don’t retake unless you don’t get picked up. Even then, those are pretty solid scores.

exNavyOffRec

Don’t retake unless you don’t get picked up. Even then, those are pretty solid scores.
eh, a 6 is pretty low and given the significant goal reductions they did about 7 months ago it would be a long shot. The safe thing would be to study and retake, if you role the dice with a 6 and don't get in by the time you retake you could be looking at a significant delay.

I mean you could get picked up… it’s possible.
And then just retake the ASTB if you don’t and try for another board.
Thank you guys, however I think @exNavyOffRec is correct here. Looking at the Nov 21 board a 6 PFAR for SNA applicants only are a shot in the dark at best. Interested to see how the May board is but I do not think it will improve in my favor.

The main thing stopping me from just trying my luck is that I will probably miss this years November board submission deadline waiting for Aug. results to come out. If I could get into this board, wait for results, and still submit to the Nov. 22 board if I got denied I would for sure submit now.

There really is no great option for me here, because waiting for the November board will most likely mean even more applicants and better competition (thanks Top Gun haha). My dad is a retired Chief and in '86 when the original came out, he said it insanely helped recruitment. But anyways..... I still have time to think for now

Last edited:

space_sailor

Thank you guys, however I think @exNavyOffRec is correct here. Looking at the Nov 21 board a 6 PFAR for SNA applicants only are a shot in the dark at best. Interested to see how the May board is but I do not think it will improve in my favor.

The main thing stopping me from just trying my luck is that I will probably miss this years November board submission deadline waiting for Aug. results to come out. If I could get into this board, wait for results, and still submit to the Nov. 22 board if I got denied I would for sure submit now.

There really is no great option for me here, because waiting for the November board will most likely mean even more applicants and better competition (thanks Top Gun haha). My dad is a retired Chief and in '86 when the original came out, he said it insanely helped recruitment. But anyways..... I still have time to think for now
Fair enough

Do you have all your other documents (and have u cleared MEPS) lined up? Because if you’re trying to get onto August’s board the sooner you can get your package together the better.

Fair enough

Do you have all your other documents (and have u cleared MEPS) lined up? Because if you’re trying to get onto August’s board the sooner you can get your package together the better.
I submitted my paperwork to MEPS 2 weeks ago and am still waiting for a response. Besides that my package is done . But yeah, if I was cleared and had a better score my package would have been in the day I took the test. Nothing I can do now but wait, not really sure what the average turnaround time is for paperwork submitted.

Last edited:

willmur

Just retook the ASTB (2nd attempt). Got a 53 6/6/6, up from a 48 5/5/6. With a 3.74 GPA, will these give me a solid shot at NFO?

Ed014

Just retook the ASTB (2nd attempt). Got a 53 6/6/6, up from a 48 5/5/6. With a 3.74 GPA, will these give me a solid shot at NFO?

I know ExNavyRecruiter would say those 6's aren't the best. A 7 would give you a good shot. However, my 2 cents is if you're young and have the time to go through a few boards I would just apply with those scores and see what happens. If you don't get selected than retake the ASTB for your final try. Also your GPA is really good so I wouldn't sweat it too much.

exNavyOffRec

I know ExNavyRecruiter would say those 6's aren't the best. A 7 would give you a good shot. However, my 2 cents is if you're young and have the time to go through a few boards I would just apply with those scores and see what happens. If you don't get selected than retake the ASTB for your final try. Also your GPA is really good so I wouldn't sweat it too much.
You are right, and given the number on this board and how few selections there are looking at a 6 is a long shot, do you have a chance of course you do, just like I have chance to catch a foul ball on national television but the odds are low.

Dboom85

Banned
Hey guys the at board list for may came out, there’s a lot of people that submitted right up to the original dead line on the list. if you submitted before April 18th go check it out and if you’re on the list add your information to the spreadsheet in my signature. The at board list is on page 89 of the may forum

Tgonzo29

Was just informed by my recruiter that I need a new N33, and may have to go back to MEPS if she’s unable to get an extension. Hope they can get everything resolved before the deadline.

I had asked about this months ago and it’s getting dealt with in the 9th hour. I had everything ready and submitted by April…-Never a dull moment

exNavyOffRec

Was just informed by my recruiter that I need a new N33, and may have to go back to MEPS if she’s unable to get an extension. Hope they can get everything resolved before the deadline.

I had asked about this months ago and it’s getting dealt with in the 9th hour. I had everything ready and submitted by April…-Never a dull moment
When did you originally go to MEPS