• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

01AUG2022 SNA/SNFO Board

MPY310

Hey all, long-ish time lurker finally ready to share my info. Packet is just about finished, hoping to submit way early for this board

Degree: BS Air Traffic Management, plus a whole lot of minors/certificates
GPA: 3.5/4.0
ASTB: 54 7/8/7
Flight Experience: PPL

MEPS was fun

Heading to MEPS on Wednesday and ASTB May 6th. If I am cleared and get a competitive score my package will be in that afternoon.

Hoping nothing ridiculous happens to me at MEPS. I had a friend go through and fail the depth perception because the machine was all fogged up from the previous people using it (at least that's what he told me). They approved his waiver though... eventually.

Tumbleweed33

Heading to MEPS on Wednesday and ASTB May 6th. If I am cleared and get a competitive score my package will be in that afternoon.

Hoping nothing ridiculous happens to me at MEPS. I had a friend go through and fail the depth perception because the machine was all fogged up from the previous people using it (at least that's what he told me). They approved his waiver though... eventually.
Make sure you ask them to clean the lenses properly.

umijs

2) I have a PCSM score of 98 and AFOQT Pilot 98 GPA 3.47, around what do those translate to?
What I learned from the AFOQT when I was in AFROTC was that the test is percentile scored. So basically your 98 pilot score means you did better than 98% of other test-takers. From what I have heard, AFOQT and ASTB are about the same level of difficulty so I bet that would translate to a 9 on the ASTB. And considering you got a 98 PCSM score that means you practically nearly aced the TBAS and the AFOQT. Wouldn't doubt that score is definitely equal to a 9/9/9 on the ASTB.

elariosa95

SNA (NIFE 1)
I had eye surgery last summer and had to re-do the depth perception test. My recruiter told me it was ok if my eye doctor administered it and I passed it during my next appointment.

I was given a different test tho, so I can't say that my experience will translate to others' situations

I had eye surgery last summer and had to re-do the depth perception test. My recruiter told me it was ok if my eye doctor administered it and I passed it during my next appointment.

I was given a different test tho, so I can't say that my experience will translate to others' situations
Everything ended up being a-ok on the exam side of things.

The2ndworst

I am getting my package together to submit for this board, but had a quick question. My recruiter told me I could request to have my OCS date be after a certain date. More specifically I was going to ask for my date to be after June 2023 if I got accepted. Does anyone know if this would be viewed as a negative by the board?

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I am getting my package together to submit for this board, but had a quick question. My recruiter told me I could request to have my OCS date be after a certain date. More specifically I was going to ask for my date to be after June 2022 if I got accepted. Does anyone know if this would be viewed as a negative by the board?

That may not be possible since that may be FY-24 shipping (i.e. too far out).

exNavyOffRec

I am getting my package together to submit for this board, but had a quick question. My recruiter told me I could request to have my OCS date be after a certain date. More specifically I was going to ask for my date to be after June 2023 if I got accepted. Does anyone know if this would be viewed as a negative by the board?
When the May results are released see what the dates those guys are getting, that might give you a better idea as to if it is wise to put a date after June down.

The2ndworst

When the May results are released see what the dates those guys are getting, that might give you a better idea as to if it is wise to put a date after June down.
Thank you, I’ll check of the May board results, but will probably end up not even trying to specify a date. I was only going to if it had zero impact like my recruiter implied, but I understand they tend to be a little optimistic.

kgrooney2

I've been lurking on AirWarriors for a while now but I figured its time to post my scores because I'm close to submitting. I started this process back in November and I was hoping to have made it for the May board, but my medical waiver took a while to clear. I'm not super confident given my 6 PFAR, but my GPA and major might make up for it. I'm also only going into my junior year and have two more ASTB attempts. Additionally, I'll be applying for the BDCP program which the Navy restarted in March.
Applying SNA
ASTB: 66 8/6/6
GPA: 3.58 Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Double Major, Minor in Economics
LORS: Professor in Department, Former Boss, Nuke Ensign
Average Personal Statement, nothing special
Extracurriculars: Executive Officer for my fraternity (2 years), Coach of my University's Archery Club (2 years)