• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2015 IDC Board

exNavyOffRec

Someone else on this forum mentioned that another INTEL board may convene on May 7th (I believe that is the date). Maybe those applications not yet reviewed will be considered then?

the dates on the schedule are there as place holders, it is not uncommon for several boards for IDC to get cancelled or rolled into another, especially when you look at the high numbers selected just recently combined with those that were selected last year and pushed to FY 16

https://www.airwarriors.com/communi...o-idc-options-board.39826/page-32#post-736455

That's the link to an IDC board in FEB 2013. Post #473 discusses how roughly "87" people weren't reviewed. The thread goes on at length discussing a supplemental board, when it will be held, criteria for selection; etc. I didn't see however, under circumstances a supplemental board is held. Hopefully we get some info by next week on that. I doubt they would hold one if only 4 people 'fell through the cracks'.

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
https://www.airwarriors.com/communi...o-idc-options-board.39826/page-32#post-736455

That's the link to an IDC board in FEB 2013. Post #473 discusses how roughly "87" people weren't reviewed. The thread goes on at length discussing a supplemental board, when it will be held, criteria for selection; etc. I didn't see however, under circumstances a supplemental board is held. Hopefully we get some info by next week on that. I doubt they would hold one if only 4 people 'fell through the cracks'.
Yes, that's the one I had in mind. That happened right as I was taking my ASTB (aside: I can't believe I've been at this for more than two years now). Keep in mind that this forum only represents a subset of applicants, and there are still others who watch but don't post. I haven't heard results from my OR yet so I could be in that group too, for all I know.

Not trying to give anyone false hope as the issue that led to the FEB13 error may have been corrected, and your situation is something totally different. Just thought I'd raise it as one possible explanation though...

Yes, that's the one I had in mind. That happened right as I was taking my ASTB (aside: I can't believe I've been at this for more than two years now). Keep in mind that this forum only represents a subset of applicants, and there are still others who watch but don't post. I haven't heard results from my OR yet so I could be in that group too, for all I know.

Not trying to give anyone false hope as the issue that led to the FEB13 error may have been corrected, and your situation is something totally different. Just thought I'd raise it as one possible explanation though...

Wow two years! Talk about keeping the faith. You're right to say the events surrounding FEB13 and what's happening currently may not be related and its probably best not to speculate too much. I hope you get a definitive answer though ,as I would argue, in the short-term it's more of a bummer to know you weren't looked at then not selected especially if you've been waiting so long already.

DEF_INTEL

Hi All,

This is my first post on Air Warriors (just joined today.) Got recommended for INTEL, SNA, and NFO. Going INTEL as of today. I would like to start a dialogue with other applicants in the same boat as we move forward and wait for final selection, OCS dates, etc. I am not sure what the best medium for that is whether it be starting a new thread, continuing with this thread, or exchanging emails. Hopefully we will all be in OCS together soon.

For those who are interested in statistics, here they are.
B.S. Chemical Engineering, University of Massachusetts (January 2015)
GPA - 3.63
ASTB - 68 7/7/7
Lots of extra-curricular activities, volunteering, athletics
LORs from professors and advisers (none from military folks)
No prior service

Feel free to reach out to me questions or just to get in touch. Glad to be on board.

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
Wow two years! Talk about keeping the faith. You're right to say the events surrounding FEB13 and what's happening currently may not be related and its probably best not to speculate too much. I hope you get a definitive answer though ,as I would argue, in the short-term it's more of a bummer to know you weren't looked at then not selected especially if you've been waiting so long already.
Ha, true but what's another 3 months between friends?

Yeah, two years plus since my first contact in December 2012, but that does include a pro-rec N in AUG2013. I finished my current kit in August 2014 but it got kicked back for a paperwork error by the NRD processor on the due date, so I missed SEP2014 by 24 hours. Unfortunately I got in the game too close to my 29th bday to ever apply SWO or Supply.

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
Hi All,

This is my first post on Air Warriors (just joined today.) Got recommended for INTEL, SNA, and NFO. Going INTEL as of today. I would like to start a dialogue with other applicants in the same boat as we move forward and wait for final selection, OCS dates, etc. I am not sure what the best medium for that is whether it be starting a new thread, continuing with this thread, or exchanging emails. Hopefully we will all be in OCS together soon.

For those who are interested in statistics, here they are.
B.S. Chemical Engineering, University of Massachusetts (January 2015)
GPA - 3.63
ASTB - 68 7/7/7
Lots of extra-curricular activities, volunteering, athletics
LORs from professors and advisers (none from military folks)
No prior service

Feel free to reach out to me questions or just to get in touch. Glad to be on board.
Good choice, and good options to choose from. Welcome, and I would be happy to exchange emails.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Been reading this thread for some time now, but first time poster. Just found out I was a Pro-Rec N for Intel. I applied through NRD Philadelphia. This was my second time applying and being rejected. Congrats to all those selected. My stats are below for comparison purposes:

30-year old non-prior attorney
I have been practicing law for 4 1/2 years with management experience
3.4 GPA with a B.S. degree in Accounting from the University of Scranton
3.35 GPA with a J.D. from New England School of Law
OAR: 52
LOR: Former Supervisor, Present Supervisor, Sitting U.S. Senator, O-3 Seal (retired), O-4 Supply (retired), and O-3 Intel
Interview Appraisals: O-3 Seal (retired); O-4 Supply (retired); O-3 MC, O-3 NC, O-3 Intel

I'm really confused as to why you got interviews with both junior officers as well as those not in the IDC community. Hate to say it but it looks like you shot yourself in the foot with this one. Get interviews with senior IDC members only and I say give it another shot. Don't retake the ASTB exam, a 52 is fine.

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
Below are the selection percentages for each IDC Designator:

OCEANO: 50%

OCEANO-SWO: 50%

IW: 15%

IW-SWO: 5%

IP: 7%

IP-SWO: 33%

INTEL: 17%

CWE: 7%