• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Top Gun 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

snake020

Contributor
If this was in "real time" (say 25 years after the 1st movie) wouldn't he be a very senior captain or even a 1-star by now?

LT Pete Mitchell could have left active duty for the reserve you know. Maybe he got recalled to active duty as a CDR and decided to commandeer MCAS Miramar in the name of the Navy Fighter Weapons School?

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
I really, reallllllllly hope they do this.

It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion. I can't even imagine the potential for terribleness this has. Like "Battlefield Earth" or "Basic Instinct 2"... or... I mean, this really could be as bad as "The Dark Knight" was good.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
They might as well make a sequel of this:

Vanilla_Ice_Cool_as_Ice.jpg

It couldn't be much worse.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Tom Cruise?? What a geek! Bring Tom Skerritt (sp?) back as the Gray Eagle, resurrect Goose and have them kicking butt in the name of old dudes everywhere. The only casting question is whether Uma Thurman can be convincing as a Naval Aviator. I vote "yes". I volunteer as the Flight Surgeon doing her [daily] physical.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
It has the potential to be uber ghey, yes.

Done right, it could be extremely cool. Of course, given today's mission, dropping JDAMs is visually less compelling than ACM.

Everyone who was old enough to see the original in the theater has to admit they liked it at the time.

AJB37

They could do a prequel that is about Maverick's dad in Vietnam. That has a lot more potential then one set today.

Status
Not open for further replies.