• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Top Gun 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It has the potential to be uber ghey, yes.

Done right, it could be extremely cool. Of course, given today's mission, dropping JDAMs is visually less compelling than ACM.

Everyone who was old enough to see the original in the theater has to admit they liked it at the time.
They must have realized it's no longer set in sunny, glamorous SOCAL, and balked at trying to mine a plot out of the Nevada desert. :icon_tong

I've just spent 3 minutes laughing at Maverick as a cranky old sim instructor . . . considering the most feared one I ever had in flight school looked like Simon Cowell plus 40 years. :D

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Looks like the alien spirits living in volcanoes didn't give Tommy their permission.

Come on, the spirits don't LIVE in the volcanoes; Xenu dropped the aliens into the volcanoes and their spirits escaped and came to earth. Looks like somebody needs to study up on their wackass cults (i.e., watch some South Park).

VFA-203 Forever

So You Like To Put fishsticks in your mouth?
Tom Cruise?? What a geek! Bring Tom Skerritt (sp?) back as the Gray Eagle, resurrect Goose and have them kicking butt in the name of old dudes everywhere. The only casting question is whether Uma Thurman can be convincing as a Naval Aviator. I vote "yes". I volunteer as the Flight Surgeon doing her [daily] physical.

:sick_125: Uma Thurman? Why not get someone like Madonna? They're both about the same level of hotness.

Get someone like Megan Fox (She's got that intimidating "hot" look) to be the badass chick pilot and this movie has potential. Watch someone like Dane Cook get the role of Mav (Would be better served Goose 2.0..The funny-guy, married social wingman RIO...erm..WSO).

JTB7

The original film....some say, [has] homoerotic imagery

:eek: HAHAHAHA I cant believe the reporter actually wrote this... I thought the guys here on AW just thought Top Gun was homo.

SDNalgene

Blind. Continue...
pilot
If they keep all the homo-eroticism of the first then considering that this is going to feature a female pilot I think this has the makings of a great movie....or at least one I will go see:D

+1 on Megan Fox

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
good thinkin

They could do a prequel that is about Maverick's dad in Vietnam. That has a lot more potential then one set today.

This is actually plausible and could be made pretty entertaining... if Mr. Scientology has a kid with that alien-baby-birthing wife of his, kiddie could play Maverick and Tommie boy could be the fahja

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
:sick_125: Uma Thurman? Why not get someone like Madonna? They're both about the same level of hotness.

Get someone like Megan Fox (She's got that intimidating "hot" look) to be the badass chick pilot and this movie has potential. Watch someone like Dane Cook get the role of Mav (Would be better served Goose 2.0..The funny-guy, married social wingman RIO...erm..WSO).

Well, some of us older guys prefer mature women w/ a smidgen of class. If teeny-boppers w/ plastic boobs are your deal, that's your choice. Madonna is both unattractive & somewhere below zero on class - but the lady (generous term) can sing.

This is all just personal opinion, of course. Am not taking myself too seriously here.

Yankee Uniform Tango
Well I guess I'll just have to rely on Annapolis on making me look cool for the rest of my career now.

Damnit.

:)

What kinda irks me is that there are no recent flicks about Marine aviators out there ("The Great Santini" would be the latest one that I can think of, and that's from '79). Aside from having cameos in True Lies, Independence Day and Live Free or Die Hard, there's nothing. How cool would it be to watch a flick about a present-day Cobra squadron perchance? Or even a Phrog one. :D

gaetabob

pilot
What kinda irks me is that there are no recent flicks about Marine aviators out there ("The Great Santini" would be the latest one that I can think of, and that's from '79). Aside from having cameos in True Lies, Independence Day and Live Free or Die Hard, there's nothing. How cool would it be to watch a flick about a present-day Cobra squadron perchance? Or even a Phrog one. :D

At least you Marine Aviators got a movie, and several cameos...us P-3 bubbas are stuck with only having a three second cameo in Down Periscope!!! That's it...

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot

Correct me if I am wrong..but aren't those USMC Cobras blasting the crap out of stuff in Generation Kill?

Status
Not open for further replies.