• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Officer Recruiter is in...

@jbuss

I checked out your website. I repeat, do not enlist! You will be wasting your talents in a job where people will treat you like a kid and your pay will be way below your value.

exNavyOffRec

Background Info:
I am in a situation where I have submitted and not been professionally recommended and I am currently awaiting the results of the postponed April IDC Pro-board. Facing the very real possibility I don't get selected I have started to talk to a Navy enlisted recruiter.

Question:
If I take the ASVAB, go through MEPS, and sign an enlisted contract now, would I be eligible for OCS if I receive a pro-rec Y in May?
Or should I simply wait for the pro-board results and then follow through the enlistment process?

Thanks.

Did you just put in for IDC?

exNavyOffRec

On my APSR I wrote:
#1 Intel #2 IW #3 SWO-INT #4 SWO-IW #5 SWO

I'm not sure or not if I will be considered for my #5 pick as there are rolling pro-boards specifically for SWO.

To All;
Thanks for the advice and encouragement.

I don't think SWO-Intel had any quotas this FY.

What did you change in your application from the last time you applied?

jbuss

Things that were changed or added.

OAR: went up to 56 from a 47
Weight: Went down from 175 to 172
Added: Publication in National Defense Journal (see my profile)
Revised: Motivational Statement
Current Work: Lacrosse Coach for 2014 Season

exNavyOffRec

Things that were changed or added.

OAR: went up to 56 from a 47
Weight: Went down from 175 to 172
Added: Publication in National Defense Journal (see my profile)
Revised: Motivational Statement
Current Work: Lacrosse Coach for 2014 Season

probably the best of what you have listed is being a Lacrosse coach, I don't know if that will be enough to help you buck the trend of IDC selections though but worth a shot.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
probably the best of what you have listed is being a Lacrosse coach, I don't know if that will be enough to help you buck the trend of IDC selections though but worth a shot.

I agree in that it's still a longshot for being selected. If you're overall goal is to become an officer, you can always go for SWO and then lateral transfer to Intel later in your career. Most Intel officers gained are either officers from other designators or prior/current enlisted who've earned their degree.

Halstead

If you enlist, realize that it's a tough to put in an OCS package within your first two years. Say you go intel or ct, you'll boot camp for 3 months, wait to class up at a school 1-2 months, a school 3 months, check into first command 1 month, so roughly 9 months before you even start working. Some commands make you wait until your first eval to put in a package, another 6 months or so, then once you get accepted add 3 months of waiting to get to go to OCS. Good luck if you're at sea, but if you get shore you'll have a better chance. Better to wait, unless you want to know the suck of e-3 life. I admit it does give you a great perspective, you meet good people, but ultimately you are limited in your scope of responsibilities as an e3-e4 due to the nature of the military (hierarchal structure limits innovation). I would advise you to go straight to OCS if you're looking to make a bigger impact initially.
Thank you...but see...that's the PROBLEM...I CANT JUST ENLIST..I'm too old...I'm too old for reserves.

The ONLY way I can "get in" is thru OCS.
RANK and pay aren't my concern. A career and future are.

MikeMillerUK

Nearing the end of Primary
Contributor
Thank you...but see...that's the PROBLEM...I CANT JUST ENLIST..I'm too old...I'm too old for reserves.

The ONLY way I can "get in" is thru OCS.
RANK and pay aren't my concern. A career and future are.
Bert's comment was not directed towards you. He was answering a question from jbuss. There are a lot of other people looking for help on this thread besides you.

Halstead

Sorry..guys...I'm obviously new on this board and learning all my imperfections in replying to posts and learning this system.

I' m sure you were all pro's on this board the first four days you were on it.

Don't worry I can find more imperfections about myself than you ever could...but thanks for the reminders!
clear conscience makes the best pillow
.sleep well:p

Surf

pilot
Rufio,

I understand this is getting a little ahead of myself, but my family was asking about Thanksgiving and OCS. It looks like I will be in my last week or so of OCS during Thanksgiving. Does the base close and we are able to leave for the night?

v/r
Alex

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Rufio,

I understand this is getting a little ahead of myself, but my family was asking about Thanksgiving and OCS. It looks like I will be in my last week or so of OCS during Thanksgiving. Does the base close and we are able to leave for the night?

v/r
Alex

http://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/visitors-and-holidays-at-ocs.37676/

Looks like training is still happening, unless something changed? I know OCS stands down for 2 weeks for winter break.

AE2ENSIGN

Here's a question maybe an Officer Recruiter knows the answer to. I have been working on my Fleet OCS package, by following the OCS Fleet checklist. I was told as a SELRES personnel I now have to apply through my reserve command.

My question is, I noticed that the Fleet OCS checklist is a lot different from the CNRC checklist. For instance, on the Fleet OCS checklist there is no block for the DD 368 Conditional Release form. However, I would think this would be an important form for you to have if you were SELRES applying for AD OCS. But, the Fleet OCS checklist doesn't have a block for it. Should it be included in the SELRES package if its not on the Fleet OCS checklist?

Also, I noticed that on the fleet OCS checklist that there is no spot for the DD 370 form employment references. My guess is that they two forms are just not important in an OCS fleet package is that correct???