• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Officer Recruiter is in...

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Yes, I say get a conditional release from BUPERS. Route up a DD 368 along with a recommendation letter from the NOSC/Unit CO and route to PERS-933.

exNavyOffRec

Here's a question maybe an Officer Recruiter knows the answer to. I have been working on my Fleet OCS package, by following the OCS Fleet checklist. I was told as a SELRES personnel I now have to apply through my reserve command.

My question is, I noticed that the Fleet OCS checklist is a lot different from the CNRC checklist. For instance, on the Fleet OCS checklist there is no block for the DD 368 Conditional Release form. However, I would think this would be an important form for you to have if you were SELRES applying for AD OCS. But, the Fleet OCS checklist doesn't have a block for it. Should it be included in the SELRES package if its not on the Fleet OCS checklist?

Also, I noticed that on the fleet OCS checklist that there is no spot for the DD 370 form employment references. My guess is that they two forms are just not important in an OCS fleet package is that correct???

well, this process seems like it was well planned out to eliminate any issues.......

Halstead

Yes, I say get a conditional release from BUPERS. Route up a DD 368 along with a recommendation letter from the NOSC/Unit CO and route to PERS-933.
Thank God..I'm realistic.
blindly took the OAR today..first time...32...
glad for the "bell curve"
I will buy some books and study for 3 months rather than prep for two weeks!

Givemeinfo

Thank God..I'm realistic.
blindly took the OAR today..first time...32...
glad for the "bell curve"
I will buy some books and study for 3 months rather than prep for two weeks!

Hey Halstead, when you hit the reply option on the bottom of someone's comment it quotes that specific comment in your next post, that's why Rufio's posts are in your message but aren't exactly relevant to your topic of conversation.

Also I recommend brushing up on some physics for the OAR, youtube has great videos on circuits and such, it's easy to forget some of these things if it's been awhile since you saw them last. Good luck.

Halstead

Hey Halstead, when you hit the reply option on the bottom of someone's comment it quotes that specific comment in your next post, that's why Rufio's posts are in your message but aren't exactly relevant to your topic of conversation.

Also I recommend brushing up on some physics for the OAR, youtube has great videos on circuits and such, it's easy to forget some of these things if it's been awhile since you saw them last. Good luck.
Thank you, I only had 2 weeks of prep for two subjects I've never had.
I will have time to learn physics & Mechanics this next three months!!
Honestly, never had any classes of those in my life! I was an Accounting & Law major(s)!
Thank you for the info.!
"Thermostatics" really??

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
I am accounting/MBA and hadn't seen the word math in 8 years. Never read a book about aerodynamics/circuitry/meteorology in my life...studied a couple of weeks and ended up 56 7/8/7, so anything is possible. Best of luck

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I am accounting/MBA and hadn't seen the word math in 8 years. Never read a book about aerodynamics/circuitry/meteorology in my life...studied a couple of weeks and ended up 56 7/8/7, so anything is possible. Best of luck

+ 1. I'm not a technical major or have a technical background but I set enough time aside to study and did a decent job on the Astb. If you set aside an hour or so each day for a few weeks (depending on how ready you are), I think you'll be fine.

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
+ 1. I'm not a technical major or have a technical background but I set enough time aside to study and did a decent job on the Astb. If you set aside an hour or so each day for a few weeks (depending on how ready you are), I think you'll be fine.
Also, you're only taking the OAR, so that's a lot less stuff you have to memorize. My advice is to take lots of practice tests and get yourself used to the type of problems that they ask. Take the practice tests with a self-imposed time limit as well, to get yourself used to the physiological stresses that exams can cause (especially for us older folks who haven't taken exams in a long time!). Good luck!

headinclouds

+1. I studied the Marine gouge for an hour a night for two weeks and got a 68. I am also a math major but everything you needed to know was covered, even if briefly, in that packet.

Halstead

I was just grabbing at topics for physics and not focusing on areas mentioned above in your post.
I know now what to focus on!

Halstead

Have a Lt. Cmdr. on base here that has books on these, as he is a Civ. Eng. He is going to help in providing me some study materials.
I'm on a Seabee base so lots of help and materials!!;)