• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Officer Recruiter is in...

Bronco

Lurking Member
Great questions!!... blah blah boyfriend boyfriend blah blah

You're very talkative Hal! I understand you don't like Rufio very much, or at least don't want/need to hear anything he has to say. Perhaps you could start your own thread devoted to your cup size, relationship status, etc.

I, on the other hand, really appreciate having this thread as a resource in case I or others have questions that Rufio is so kind to answer for us. All the good stuff is getting buried up in here!!

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
You're very talkative Hal! I understand you don't like Rufio very much, or at least don't want/need to hear anything he has to say. Perhaps you could start your own thread devoted to your cup size, relationship status, etc.

I, on the other hand, really appreciate having this thread as a resource in case I or others have questions that Rufio is so kind to answer for us. All the good stuff is getting buried up in here!!
Perhaps, but this 10 pages banter let me know exactly how not to handle myself talking to someone who has already become a member of the Navy.

Surf

pilot
Well, I think we need to get back on track here ladies and gents so...

Rufio, I was given an OCS date before having received a Final Select. My OR then communicated to someone (maybe a PM?) about possibly getting me a sooner OCS date if they needed to shuffle people around. Is it likely that I could see a sooner OCS date once the FINSEL is received? For background, I have N3M clearance and my NASIS has been adjudicated. Thank you!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Well, I think we need to get back on track here ladies and gents so...

Rufio, I was given an OCS date before having received a Final Select. My OR then communicated to someone (maybe a PM?) about possibly getting me a sooner OCS date if they needed to shuffle people around. Is it likely that I could see a sooner OCS date once the FINSEL is received? For background, I have N3M clearance and my NASIS has been adjudicated. Thank you!

It's possible, but it needs to be a good reason (turning 27 soon, wedding, birth of child, etc.). Otherwise, expect to ship out the date assigned to you.

Sache

Good luck, Halstead. I sincerely mean that... You obviously want it. I'm an IDC applicant too. My application is proboard for the April (now early May) board. I've been working on it for about a year, and have been turned down once for another designator. My recruiter has been awesome, though I try to keep in mind he has several other applicants and make sure I am doing my own homework too. I sought out interviews for my package even though they are not required or suggested for IDC. I was able to interview with two officers in the IDC field. Luckily the interviews went well but more beneficial was the opportunity to talk to them about their jobs, something I couldn't get from my recruiter.

Why did you feel the need to then?

exNavyOffRec

Because I knew it could only help. Even if it doesn't, it's certainly not going to hurt me. I scored a 9 and 10 out of 10 so I was happy to have made the effort to get them done.

The board could read it a few ways, for instance for many years on the reserve side anything but a 10 on an interview was a negative

mrdrown

The board could read it a few ways, for instance for many years on the reserve side anything but a 10 on an interview was a negative

I suppose anything could be read a number of positive and negative ways. However, given that, A: a 9 falls in the "Would very much like to have working under me" category on the form, B: the responses and comments for both officers were very positive, C: My OR was pleased that I did it, and D: Right now isn't "for a number of years" and I am not applying reserve, I still feel positive about the fact that I got the interviews and remain realistic about the competitive nature of selection. Additionally, not many IDC applicants will have interviews, and mine were with a Captain and a Rear Admiral so it is something to make my application stand out, regardless of the effect it may or may not have. A risk, perhaps, but one I was willing to take.

exNavyOffRec

I suppose anything could be read a number of positive and negative ways. However, given that, A: a 9 falls in the "Would very much like to have working under me" category on the form, B: the responses and comments for both officers were very positive, C: My OR was pleased that I did it, and D: Right now isn't "for a number of years" and I am not applying reserve, I still feel positive about the fact that I got the interviews and remain realistic about the competitive nature of selection. Additionally, not many IDC applicants will have interviews, and mine were with a Captain and a Rear Admiral so it is something to make my application stand out, regardless of the effect it may or may not have. A risk, perhaps, but one I was willing to take.

It all depends on the board members and how they read it, active CEC was the same way, one of my first CEC applicants did interviews and rec'd 9's, I talked to the accessions officer and said "my applicant got 9's!!!" and he was going "well, your candidate was given 9's, we can re-interview her in a few months to see if she can do better"

again, it all depends on the feeling of the board member(s).